Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Create a Playlist from Liked Songs

Solved!

Create a Playlist from Liked Songs

New to Spotify.  I've spent hours moving my "favorites" on Google Play Music to my Liked Songs on Spotify.  Is there a way to share my Liked Songs or move them to a Playlist?

Plan: Premium

Device: iPhone 11 Pro Max

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

https://soundiiz.com/
https://www.tunemymusic.com/
https://freeyourmusic.com/en

If you want to transfer songs, which you already have in "liked songs" in Spotify to a new playlist, just create a new playlist, then go to your liked songs (it will be easier on desktop), select all songs in "liked songs" (CTRL+A in Windows, command+A in macOS) and drag&drop them to a new playlist.

View solution in original post

64 Replies
Marked as solution

https://soundiiz.com/
https://www.tunemymusic.com/
https://freeyourmusic.com/en

If you want to transfer songs, which you already have in "liked songs" in Spotify to a new playlist, just create a new playlist, then go to your liked songs (it will be easier on desktop), select all songs in "liked songs" (CTRL+A in Windows, command+A in macOS) and drag&drop them to a new playlist.

Doesn't work if you have more than 50 or so liked songs. Ctrl+A only selects songs that are currently in view. Scrolling will autoselect songs, making it seem like everything is selected, but it is not.

Hey there @ThorBrigsted

Thanks for reaching out about this. 

At the moment, Ctrl+A will only select 100 songs and not the entire list. This has been reported and the team in charge is looking into it, but we can't commit to a specific timeline for a fix. 

We'd recommend adding your +VOTE to this thread. You can also subscribe to it by clicking the three-dot menu next to the title and we’ll keep you updated with any relevant updates there.

If anything else comes up, we're always a message away. 

Cheers!

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

This doesn't work/no longer works on Mac. CMD+A does nothing at all. 

Hi there @a889

Thanks for getting in touch about this. 

We tried this on our end and it worked fine. 

In this case, we suggest that you perform a clean reinstall on your PC to make sure you have the latest version of the app. This process is more thorough than a normal one. 

Also, we suggest that you check if the OS of you device has any pending updates. 

Keep us posted.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

I tried doing this and it didn't work. I don't know if i did anything wrong i pressed ctrl+a and everything else but it didn't work. Also i'm on a chromebook so i don't know if that's the problem or not

Hey @_me

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community, and welcome 🙂

Could you let us know if you've already tried any troubleshooting steps? This will help us give you better suggestions. 

Also, could you send over the Spotify version you're currently running?

Keep us posted.

NovyModerator

No, I haven't tried them. What are they?

Hey @_me

Thanks for your reply. 

Not to worry, we just wanted to know if you've already tried any of the previous suggestions.

In this case, can you try reinstalling the app to see if you notice any difference? 

Keep us posted on how it goes.

NovyModerator

I'm having the same problem, I can't even get the first 100 songs to copy of over to a playlist.  When I hit ctrl+A, it highlights the title bar ("Liked Songs, #TITLE, ALBUM, etc", but not the songs.  

I reinstalled it, that didn't change a thing. 

Hey @stuart_davis,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community.

Try clicking on one song and then tapping Ctrl+A. If it still doesn't work, could you send us a screenshot or screen recording of what you're seeing on your end to have a better understanding of what's happening? You can attach it to your next reply by tapping on the camera or video camera icon in the post editor.

Keep us posted.

CarlosEModerator

Weird. Still works for me on Windows 10 and Spotify from Microsoft Store.

I still think there should be a native resource in Spotify to do this, since is very common for users to share their lists of liked songs with friends. So why not making a UserX's playlist as you click the "like" button instead of using it as a marker and treating liked songs differently than a playlist? Yes, creating one from a PC works but is just a workaround and it won't add new liked songs until you make that process again and again...

Does this need to be done on the app or can it be done from within the web browser? 

Hi there @esainburg,

Thank you for your reply in this thread 🙂

It's currently not possible to mark songs at the same time using Ctrl+A in the web player. However it should work if you're doing it in the desktop app.

Let us know how it goes 🙂

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

So I did the steps on my laptop and all of my liked songs transferred correct but the song on the playlist won’t show up on my phone, just the laptop will show it.

Hey @nwashington386,

Thank you for keeping us in the loop.

When you create a playlist selecting all your liked songs, it makes a exact copy that will be located on the playlists section. 

Just to make sure and to be on the same page, did you create the playlist and transfer all the songs, but the playlists is empty on your mobile device? or you have your playlist with all the content in your mobile but some songs are missing?

Also, to keep investigating, it would also be great if you could attach a screenshot of the issue along with a detailed explanation about it to keep helping you further.

We'll be on the lookout.  

OscarDCModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Having the same issue as @nwashington386, ctrl+a’ing my liked songs and putting them into a playlist only shows up on desktop. The playlist shows up empty on mobile. 

Hey there @Wyrmwind,

Thanks for the post.

Can you let us know if the playlist is accessible on your mobile (with Title and Cover image), but only the songs are missing? It would be helpful if you can attach a screenshot to see how things look on your phone.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts