Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

DJ song selection

DJ song selection

Most of the songs that the DJ plays are good choices, but they are very limited, where most of the songs it'll play are songs that have been released in the last few years. Even the "from your past" sets tend to only really play songs that were extremely popular, regardless of how much I listened to them. Instead of just using my listening history to choose songs to play songs, it should scan what is in my library to influence choice too. I have songs in my library that I have listened to many times, I follow the artist, and have the album saved, yet the DJ will never play them. If the DJ was to play from what I have in my library (liked songs, saved albums, saved/created playlists, followed artists) this would give a much bigger variety of tracks that it plays.

3 Replies

Hey @Ara_K

Thanks for posting in the Community. This is a pretty cool idea. 

We found a similar idea that pertains to song choice feedback here, take a look and give it your support if its something you'd like to see our devs look into. It`s not an exact match so if you would like to submit your specific views and suggestions for the AI DJ you can submit a new idea and if it gains enough traction we can forward it to the right team for consideration. 

Hope this helped out.

MartinModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

That isn’t similar to my idea. The problem isn’t that I dislike the songs that the DJ plays, just that it doesn’t have much variety when playing songs, despite me having thousands of liked songs and hundreds of saved albums and playlists in my library. 

Hey @Ara_K,

Thanks for the reply and for clarifying!

Spotify is constantly working on improving the app and its features. That's why we appreciate you taking your time to share your thoughts about the DJ feature. Since your idea is different to the one previously linked in the thread, we encourage you to create a new idea, so that other users can leave their votes for your idea as well. We also suggest checking this help article for useful tips on how to submit an idea.

Should anything else appear, we're just a post away!

MariaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts