Daily Mix/Discover Playlists

Plan

Premium

Country
Ro

Device

(iPhone 6S, Windows 10)

My Question or Issue

Hello there! I have a request onto the daily mix/discover weekly playlists. Please add a remove song function on both windows app/browser. There is a hide song function on the mobile app but this doesn't transfer to the computer version and it's a crying shame something like this is not implemented. By removing certain songs the algorithm can narrow all our tastes even better. 

1.PNG
2.PNG
3 Replies

Hi @RobertPita,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

On the Discover Weekly playlist you can hide songs as well on the Desktop app. The hide button is located on the bottom left, next to the like button.

Spotify constantly strives to improve the user experience with its features and the easiest way to achieve this is by regular app updates. That’s why we appreciate you taking the time to share your suggestions with the Community. 

If you think other users might also like for the Hide Song function to by synced across devices, go ahead and create an idea on the relevant idea board. We always take new ideas and feedback into consideration to improve the app. Here you can read more on how ideas work.

A similar Idea has been discussed here, but dind't manage to get the required number of votes.

We also suggest checking this help article for useful tips on how to submit an idea. As a heads-up, it's good to know that the higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for the idea to be implemented.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello, @Alex

Thank you for your reply! Still, I cannot find the hide song function on the desktop app. Followed your guide and there is no Hide Song function on the bottom left of the app. Attachments added. 

Thank you for the links on the subject! 

Capture.PNG
2.PNG

Hey @RobertPita,

Thanks for your reply.

Remember that on the desktop app, it's only possible to hide songs in the Discover Weekly and Release Radar playlists, and not in the Daily Mixes.

However, you can add your +Vote to this existing idea about it. Even though its status is set as Closed - Not Enough Votes, people can still vote for it and will be considered if it reaches the required number of votes.

Hope this clears things up. If you need anything else, the Community is here for you.

Cheers!

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts