Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Local Files Assorting to Artist

Local Files Assorting to Artist

So lately, I've been neatly sorting my Spotify local files to have the correct name, cover art and artist. I do this by using a third-party application ( Mp3tag ) However, I've come to notice that Spotify keeps assorting my songs to the artist that I put for the songs. Basically, if I had two songs by the same artist with different cover arts and put them into my local files, both would show up in my local files as having the same cover art, like they're in the same album. My current workaround is to paste invisible characters into the album in the properties of the mp3 file, but I was wondering if there was a setting or something that I could change to fix my local files issue?

Also, I leave the album property blank so that isn't the problem.

Here is my method that I use to get my music:

Find song on YouTube > Use a YouTube to Mp3 Converter > Use another online audio converter to convert to Mp3 again > Put all music in a folder > Rename, change cover art with Mp3tag > Place Mp3 files into Spotify Local Files folder.

I couldn't find a fix for this online, whether it's because I'm bad with searching or I'm the only one with this issue. Also, I didn't have this issue before, it's come up recently.

Plan

Premium

Country

Australia

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

1 Reply

Hi there @itemzz,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community.

We can't guarantee that Music files obtained from unofficial sources would work as expected.

Nevertheless, you can try to perform a clean reinstall of the app. This will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

Let us know if we can help you with anything else 🙂

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts