Premium

Country

UK

Device

iPhone XR

Operating System

iOS 13.1.2

My Question or Issue

Has there been an update to daily mixes? It appears they're now limited so you can't refresh songs and keep the playlist going. This completely destroys them!

14 Replies

Hi @mduchezeau

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community!

If you see any changes in your Spotify app, note that it might happen from time to time and it's completely normal.

Please, check this Support Article

I have also noticed this, I get around 3 hours a day from all my daily mixes, as well as I can't seem to find the "don't like this song / artist" option anymore.

I appreciate changes are made, but what appears to have been done is a significant change and does not appear to have been communicated. Combined with the horrible UI change, the app is increasingly becoming unusable (for the way I use it).

The "Don't play" song/artist selection really needs to be included on Daily Mixes. I've been listening today and there have been some severe misfires that I don't ever want to hear again. Please revert this change, it's not a good one. Thanks.

hey @Jokergrin86

The purpose of the daily mix is to include songs that are based on previous songs that you have listened to, its used so that you can experience new songs aswell as songs u like

Hey there @Kim06,

I fully agree. I love the Daily Mix feature for finding new music. I think I've actally discovered more songs and artists through my various Daily Mixes than Discover Weekly. Unfortunately some of the recommendations just don't suit, so I'd like to have the option of avoiding music I don't like.

To force us to listen (unless we can get to the player in time) to music we don't like is quite an aggressive move on Spotify's part.

yeah I know u know when our playlist playlist then also do the same thing with daily mixes, which i enjoy but also that I have discovered artists through that

Yeah sure ur not an employee.

Day 5 of daily mixes being absolutely useless. Tried listening to mix 1 yesterday and it is full of absolutely horrible tracks. Previously if I only had daily mix 1 in my library, I could have been happy. Now it is an absolute**bleep** show. I'm in leaving Spotify territory...

Unfortunately I think you missed the point... I have six but previously I probably never had to skip a track on daily mix one. However now it has become so full of terrible songs it's pretty  unlistenable despite in theory being based on the same genre. 

To be clear, bring back the refresh functionality and the "I don't want to listen to this track" button. 

Hey @mduchezeau 

hey i get your point, thats why i dont use my daily mixes anymore as of the points u picked out, 

Woah this is big, looks like an update has been pushed and not only is the ban button back but the algorithm updated to bring back more of what I like rather than recommendations. Success!

Suggested posts