Canada

Device

iPhone XS Max

Macbook Pro 2017

Operating System

iOS 15.6

macOS Monterey 12.5

My Question or Issue

while reordering the tracks in my playlists, i noticed that the default playlist cover (4 tiles) is not always in sync with the four top tracks, specifically when viewing from my public profile versus from the playlist itself. 

for instance, my playlist "fall 2019" has four albums displaying in 2x2 format as the default playlist art. my playlist has a "Custom order" and I've arranged the songs to appear: 

1. Choke - iDKHOW

2. Gossip - SWS

3. Allergic - Post Malone

4. Welcome to the End of Your Life - THE DRIVER ERA

you can see that order reflected in the default tiled playlist cover here:

my "fall 2019" playlist, viewed from the playlist itself - playlist art is synced/accurate to the top track ordermy "fall 2019" playlist, viewed from the playlist itself - playlist art is synced/accurate to the top track order

however, the playlist cover does not correspond with my preferred order when viewed from my public profile, as seen here: 

from my public profile, the playlist art has the tiles out of orderfrom my public profile, the playlist art has the tiles out of order

just kinda bugging me as i like to re-order my tracks and customize those little default playlist covers! thnx in advance for any insight :")

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there @hoppeellie,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

The cover image is based on the order of the tracks the playlist was created with initially. Any change to those tracks (to the top-4), like removing one of them, should cause the cover to update automatically.

Changing the sorting order via the menu will not cause a change as this is just a personal sorting filter.

Hope this info clears things up. Cheers.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

3 Replies

small edit: i just checked and out of around 19 applicable playlists (without custom playlist covers), only TWO have accurate default cover art when viewing from my profile. 😭 

Marked as solution

Hi there @hoppeellie,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

The cover image is based on the order of the tracks the playlist was created with initially. Any change to those tracks (to the top-4), like removing one of them, should cause the cover to update automatically.

Changing the sorting order via the menu will not cause a change as this is just a personal sorting filter.

Hope this info clears things up. Cheers.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thank you for the response! This definitely answers my question but I hate this haha! I guess I’ll have to figure something else out for my playlist covers from now on. Not a fan! 

But anyways I appreciate the response, at least now I have a reason for the issue 🙂 

Suggested posts