Deleting playlists with long names causes them to go off-screen

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

USA

Operating System

Windows 10

Issue:

Deleting playlists with long names ex: "wmwmwmwmwm..." causes them to go off-screen (see attachment) this goes unnoticed if the playlist has spaces however and also works perfectly fine on Mobileoff-screen.png

3 Replies

Hey there @34

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community.

This shouldn't happen with regular 100-character titles, but issues might occur if you modify the limits set by the app. 

Could you let us know if this is also happening when you're trying to delete a title with less than 100 characters? If so, we suggest that you perform a clean reinstall of the app following these specific steps to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble.   

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

"This shouldn't happen with regular 100-character titles, but issues might occur if you modify the limits set by the app. "

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Spotify app and the bug still remains, the title is 100 characters and sometimes can even be shorter. You can easily test this bug by making a playlist and put a constant stream of A's and attempt to delete the playlist.

I've had friends test this out for me and the appears for them aswell.

Thanks for the Reply!

Hey @34,

Thanks for the post.

We tried recreating this behaviour on Desktop, however playlists with a name containing the maximum allowed amount of characters can be deleted as expected.

We'd recommend you try running a clean reinstall of the app, following this Guide. This is a more througout reinstall of the app, clearing all app data and cache. It will also assure you're running the latest app version.

Hope this helps. Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have questions.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts