Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop app will not sync with any other version of Spotify in the connect to a device tab

Desktop app will not sync with any other version of Spotify in the connect to a device tab

For starters I had a similar issue a month ago where It would not sync between the desktop app and phone with another issue of my liked songs not showing up. This was fixed in an update a week later resolving the syncing issues. A couple days ago I assume my spotify updated and now my phone and desktop app will not sync together to play music AGAIN. I know it is the desktop app for the reason that I can go on the WEB APP and MY PHONE and they both detect each other and sync yet whenever I try playing on the DESKTOP APP it never shows up. I pay monthly for this terrible so called 'premium service' and I am constantly having to deal with 'premium' issues and bugs. All I want is for my phone and desktop app to sync for a couple weeks at the very godamn least.

If a staff or community member tries to help by all means thankyou but please note:

I AM NOT LOGGED IN TO THE WRONG F****** ACCOUNT (the amount of times I hear this classic)

Logging out and in multiple times doesn't do jack all

Reinstalling doesn't do anything

No network changes have been made

Both microsoft store and spotify website versions of the desktop app don't work.

1 Reply

Hey @yeahnahusernameno,

Sorry to see you've been affected by this.

Nice troubleshooting so far though! There are some things we can still try here:

• I'm assuming a complete clean reinstall has already been performed, but if not - please give it a go.
  • Check your Host files for any entries containing Spotify and remove those. You can follow the steps here to do this.
  • If you're using any kinds of VPN services, disable them and test for Connectivity.
  • Test the behaviour of your account when using the desktop app on another PC to see if this is device-related,

Thanks!
We'll be on the lookout for your response 🙂

VasilModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts