Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop, iPhone] Local files not syncing... again...

[Desktop, iPhone] Local files not syncing... again...

Plan

Premium

Device

iPhone SE2, Desktop, Laptop

Operating System

(iOS 13.7, Ubuntu 18.04.5, Wind 10)

My Question or Issue

So, Win10 has some local music. Need to sync it to ubuntu and ios. On win10 I create playlist and add all neccessary local files. All of them are successfully played on win10. Now syncinng...

Ubuntu

Playlist appears, file list present. When clicking on Download it's title switching to Waiting... And nothing happens for a whole day. If I restart app checkbox title swithes to Downloaded. But files still not synced and shows as unavailable.

iOS

Playlist present but it's empty

What I have alredy tried is logout on every device and relogin. Each device has enaugh space and connected to same wifi network. But I'm not sure about UPnP, how can I check/debug it? May be some logs or debug mode?

7 Replies

You can’t sync from Win10 to Ubuntu. You need to copy the files over to Ubuntu and add the source there.

To sync to iPhone use Win10. Connect both to same wifi and on iPhone flip the switch to download of the playlist with the local files. 

Ok, regarding to Win10 -> iOS - my playlist is empty on iOS. 

I have the same problem. My local files on my desktop dosen't show up on my iphone (11) and I've tried all of that already. It worked 1,5 years ago on my iphone 6s though.

It shows empty because you have enabled “hide unplayable songs”. Also I don’t know if this is live or in testing but there’s also local files setting now in iOS app. You also need to switch that on. If everthing is correctly set but the files still don’t sync then there’s something wrong with your wifi configuration. 

Ok, thanks. I'll retry everything and hope for the best

I am having the same issue. It does not want to sync the files across from my Chromebook (running Linux) and my iPhone. From what I can see there should be nothing preventing it, I have even attempted deleting and reinstalling the app; there are no firewalls, and they are connected to the same network. I'd love to know what's going on.

Hey there folks,

Thank you for your posts in this thread. 

Even though some other file types might work, these are the ones that the feature is designed to work with:

• .mp3
  • .m4p (unless it contains video)
  • .mp4 (if QuickTime is installed on your computer)
  • .m4a (unless it’s an Apple lossless file; ALAC or ALE)
  • These files must exist on the device, either outside of the app or by setting them to Offline inside the app
    • To sync local files from one device to another, the user must be actively logged in to both devices with Spotify open and on the same network

Local files can be turned on/off in the Settings menu.

Make sure you've followed all of the support site steps correctly

Can you also :

• Double-check that you connected both devices to the same Wi-Fi
  • Add some songs from our catalogue to the playlist as well as the local file/s and make sure they have ‘Show unavailable songs in playlists’ turned on in Settings
  • Play some music on the device that has the local files to see if it shows via Connect on the other device
  • Make sure the router supports the Bonjour protocol. If the router is made after 2005, it will likely have this protocol. The best way to handle this is to check the router make/model and Google it
  • Creating a hotspot with the phone and connecting the desktop to it, might help (caution this will use 3/4g data)

Keep us posted 🙂

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts