Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop interface issue - bulk playlist mgmt on desktop client

Desktop interface issue - bulk playlist mgmt on desktop client

On the desktop client, I manage a playlist of 700+ songs including a Custom Order list. At some point the desktop client interface broke because my list was too long.

If I highlight multiple songs to rearrange the list, then try to drag then the top or bottom to scroll, it will not scroll the list. It used to scroll, allowing you to drop songs in any order. I can still grab one song and rearrange, but I need to do in bulk. When my list was shorter, it worked OK

3 Replies

Hey @snogards99,

Thanks for reaching out.

We suggest you run a clean reinstall since this step can usually solve issues rendering Spotify to malfunction in the way you're describing. You can find the necessary steps here.  ​​​​​​Please note however that with very large playlists (approaching and exceeding the 1,000 mark) there are certain technical limitations that might impact some features of the app. If the behavior continues after a clean reinstall, we recommend keeping the app updated to the latest version, as fixes and improvements roll out regularly. However, we can't set an exact timeframe for when this will get resolved. 

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on how it goes.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

This actually made the issue worse (with the desktop app). I was able to
move drag/drop individual songs, and can't rearrange songs at all now. The
web client doesn't allow selecting multiple files and the App is useless in
this regard.

Anyone know of a third-party tool that has playlist drag and drop actually
working? Thx

Hi there @snogards99,

Thank you for your reply.

Can you have someone log with their account on the device - such as a friend or a family member? This will help us understand if it's account related or not.

It would also be great if you can provide us a screen recording so that we can have a closer look from your end?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts