Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Developer] [All Platforms] Problem to be fixed, Unliked songs by Spotify

[Developer] [All Platforms] Problem to be fixed, Unliked songs by Spotify

It has happened to me several times and I have seen in the forum It is a common problem, that some songs are unliked by Spotify not by the user neither by the artists.

This is caused, said by Spotify (through several mails I interchanged) because some songs are deleted and reuploaded for whatever reason, remasteration, changes of rights or something else. But it is not users' or artists' faults to lose those liked songs.

I consider this a big problem for the app, and they should take responsibility for those unliked songs even if it passed some long time ago, because: how many users have lost memories because of this bug? and how many artists are currently losing money?

As it is a big fail I think that it should be really considered, so it is not an idea it is a problem that has to be fixed, and I hope somehow this will be fixed to recover those lost memories.

11 Replies

Hey @josercampillo,

Thank you for reporting this to us.

We just wanted to let you know that the right folks are looking into this.

While we're not currently able to provide an exact timeline for a fix, we'd recommend always keeping your Spotify app up to date to ensure you're on the latest version.

We're always here if there's anything else we can help with.

Take care!

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I reported about this issue a while ago, still waiting for the solution....watching.

Hi there @yotamon,

Thank you for your reply in this thread.

As mentioned above, this has been reported to the right folks that's looking into this.

Let us know if we can help you with anything else in the meantime 🙂

Take care!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Thanks for your response,

What do you mean by "the right folks are looking into", has it been officially reported and admitted by the developer group in some way? Do you work for Spotify or in this specific issue?

Thanks also for the recommendation, but it was as you can guess one of the first things I tried and it didn't solve anything actually, it is still Spotify's configuration of some kind problem. Thanks anyway for the intention.

I hope this is fixed at some point at least.

Best regards!

Hey again @josercampillo,

Thanks for your post.

As you have seen in one of our threads on this topic we have an active idea about sending out a warning when a song is removed/exchanged.

When an idea reaches the needed number of votes as this one has, we reach out to our developers about the suggestion and they give us more insight that we can pass on to our users.

This has been brought to the Spotify teams and we'll post any updates we get from them in the idea thread as soon as we get them. The status Not right now, that this idea has means that we're not able to give a timeline for when this might happen, but it doesn't mean it's not on the list of tasks for the future. 

I understand how frustrating this can be, and I'm sorry that we're not able to give more details on this right now. Keep an eye on the idea as this will be the first place we post once we have more clarity on the matter.

In the meantime, feel free to let us know if there's anything else we can help out with.

Cheers!

ElenaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I hope that when the solution will be released, it will retrieve my lost tracks retrospectivelly. And I will be reminded again about all of my already lost tracks.

@yotamon I hope the same, it would be the proper thing to do on their part, we are paying for music if they are taking it out without any notification so they are sort of "robbing to the users", it makes sense they were retrieving those purchases.

And we haven't started yet the conversation about what is happening to the artists that could've been losing thousands of playing because of this issue.

Totally agree with you, I paid to much in the last years to have lose part
of my private music library, and the library is the essence of this app,
this is a major black hole in the system.

WHY IS THIS STILL AN ISSUE?

Why is this still a problem? It's been years!! 

It is still a problem!

Suggested posts