Premium

Country

Not relevant I believe

Device

Any

Operating System

Any. Tried in Windows 10, macOS Catalina and Android 10

My Question or Issue

First of all, I am aware of the other ticket with the same subject https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Discover-Weekly-is-not-updating/idi-p/4756500

My problem is not that the list is not updating, but the updates don't seem to take into consideration what I've been listening lately.

A few months back I played a lot of white noise and relaxing songs for my baby, but it's been already at least 3 months of listening only other kinds of music but my "Discover Weekly" is still suggesting relaxation tunes.

I've tried to mark all the songs in the list as "I don't like this song" or "I don't like this artist", but the following week I get more.

"Discovery Weekly" was my favourite feature of Spotify but I haven't been able to use it lately.

4 Replies

Hey there @lexotero,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Don't worry. We'll help you enjoy Discover Weekly again.

Can you check if you're listening in a private session? If the option is turned on, we'd suggest to turn it off. The playlist could be affected by it.

We can also recommend that you engage actively with the content that you enjoy - you can save your fave songs in Liked songs or add them in playlists. That can help speed up the update in your Discover Weekly.

If you see inconsistencies with other playlists, we'd suggest you restart the devices and log back in to your account. 

Let us know how it goes. If you have questions, you know where to find us.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello Elena,

I use the private mode sometimes, but most of the time it's off.

I can try to "like" the songs I like, but I usually just have the app in the background and I don't interact with it.

It looks as if has stopped taking into account what I hear. Could you reset it altogether so it starts collecting information from scratch?

Thanks,
Alex.

Interesting. It’s many months since the OP posted this, and I’m now having the exact same issue.

I don’t ever use private. I interact with Spotify frequently, “liking” songs, adding them to playlists and making new playlists. It’s been at least 6 weeks since I listed to white noise/baby sleep

tracks and that’s still all my Discover Weekly is giving me.

I’ve also tried logging out and logging back in. Following/unfollowing the playlist— and every combination of the above I can think of. Nothing is resetting this playlist and it’s a huge bummer. Discover Weekly used to be my favorite Monday thing!

Spotify do you have any new solutions to this problem??

For what it's worth, 2 or 3 weeks of actively liking EVERY song I use to
listen did it for me. But I never liked any of the white noise songs, I
just listened to them a lot, and yet ...

Suggested posts