Premium

Country

Serbia

Device

Phone + laptop

Operating System

Android 10 and Windows 10

My Question or Issue

My Discover Weekly hasn't updated for 2 weeks now and this is really frustrating so I hope someone will be able to help.

The play list URI: spotify:playlist:37i9dQZEVXcCjwyWce7ElK

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @nightshade90, @EvilBear and @Spurlos89

Thanks for getting in touch with us. We're sorry to hear you feel this way and we'll be happy to shed some light on this matter.

The Discover Weekly playlist is currently not available in some countries. But we constantly work on improving our service and app features, so if you can’t see the playlist right now, it may appear with future updates.

Hope this info is useful. If you have any further questions, don't hesitate to reach out to us. 

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Hi @EvilBear!

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community.

Try logging out and closing the app, then launching it again and logging back into your Spotify account.

Let me know if this helps.

Cheers!

https://open.spotify.com/follow/1/?uri=spotify:user:1gdr7ny1wk8oegnhcd6cn9jc1&size=detail&theme=ligh...

No, I forgot to mention that I tried that... I also followed and unfollowed the playlist.

Identical issue here, Discover Weekly has not updated for two weeks straight. I have tried any combination of logging out, logging out from all devices, unfollowing the playlist and similar actions to no avail.

Identical specs, country, plan and devices as reported by EvilBear.

Playlist URI: spotify:playlist:37i9dQZEVXcSzgzjbDjNPd

Thanks for getting back to me.

It seems like this playlist is not yet available in your area at the moment. Don't worry, make sure to enable automatic updates on your device so you don't miss a thing. 

Hope this helps. 

Cheers!

https://open.spotify.com/follow/1/?uri=spotify:user:1gdr7ny1wk8oegnhcd6cn9jc1&size=detail&theme=ligh...

Chiming in. My Discover Weekly playlist also is stale form the moment I have switched my account from US to Moldova (thanks for launching it locally). I really miss that part, which worked flawlessly before me switching region and buying premium.

Can a support person please confirm that it is not supported in my region yet?

So why are we paying Premium if one of the crucial options of Spotify everyone is crazy about is not even available? Why was this not indicated anywhere when we were moving our accounts to our own countries? I feel fooled.

Unfortunately, I share this sentiment. 

Discover Weekly is the single most important functionality (besides Repeat One, but that's a whole other story) that Spotify has. Missing that option is a huge deal, from my perspective. 

Marked as solution

Hey there @nightshade90, @EvilBear and @Spurlos89

Thanks for getting in touch with us. We're sorry to hear you feel this way and we'll be happy to shed some light on this matter.

The Discover Weekly playlist is currently not available in some countries. But we constantly work on improving our service and app features, so if you can’t see the playlist right now, it may appear with future updates.

Hope this info is useful. If you have any further questions, don't hesitate to reach out to us. 

XeniaModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

My Discover Weekly hasn't updated for 15 days. I'm located in the US. I've logged out, logged back in... restarted the app, etc. Please fix this!

Hey there @StarDustDoe,

Thanks for getting in touch about this. 

Discover Weekly gives suggestions based on your listening history. If it hasn't updated, just keep listening to more music you love so the app can become familiar with your taste.

Also, keep in mind that any music you play in a Private Session won't affect your recommendations so make sure this is turned off.

Lastly, a clean reinstall of the app could be helpful too to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble.

Let us know how it goes!

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts