Discover Weekly not showing up

Plan

Premium (Family)

Country

Russia

Device

doesn't matter

My Question or Issue

Second week in a row no Discover Weekly playlist for me (I do get Release Radar). A couple of my friends are saying the same.

Is this a confirmed issue?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

TL;DR: Discovery Weekly not available in Russia.

Full message from the support ticket response:

Thanks for getting in touch. We understand that you're not seeing a feature previously available on your account. No worries, we're here to shed some light on this.

Discover Weekly, is currently not available on Russia. Rest assured, we’re often testing and launching improvements and new features. This means you might see something on the app your friend doesn’t, or get a new feature to try temporarily. 

To make sure you don't miss a thing, you can enable automatic updates on your device.

We can't say if or when any specific features will be available. But as soon as we’ve got anything to announce, we’ll let everyone know via the Spotify Community.

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Hey there @Talim

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here! 

We can't currently confirm there's an ongoing issue affecting the availability of the Discover Weekly playlist. We'd suggest starting off by running a clean reinstall on the affected device to ensure you get the latest app version with all recent updates. Check out this help page to find steps for clean reinstall on the affected device. Once you’ve performed the clean reinstall you'll need to re-download your offline music and podcasts.  

In case you still can't see it after performing it, send us a screenshot showing how the Made For You section looks on your end. You use the Insert Photos option in the post editor. This way we can take a closer look at the issue.    

Keep us posted! We'll be here if you have any questions. 

Pretty a clean reinstall was an overkill but there you go.

Screenshot 2020-07-28 at 09.59.43.png

Hey @Talim

Thanks for getting back to us. 

In case the clean reinstall didn't do the trick we'd recommend logging in to your Spotify account on another device just to check if you observe the same. If it doesn't occur on a different device, we'd suggest making sure that your original device is up to speed with any software updates available.

If you still can't see the Discover Weekly playlist, try logging in with a different Spotify account on your device to check if it's an account-related issue. If it works with another account, you can follow the steps in this Spotify Answer next. 

Keep us posted!  

Marked as solution

TL;DR: Discovery Weekly not available in Russia.

Full message from the support ticket response:

Thanks for getting in touch. We understand that you're not seeing a feature previously available on your account. No worries, we're here to shed some light on this.

Discover Weekly, is currently not available on Russia. Rest assured, we’re often testing and launching improvements and new features. This means you might see something on the app your friend doesn’t, or get a new feature to try temporarily. 

To make sure you don't miss a thing, you can enable automatic updates on your device.

We can't say if or when any specific features will be available. But as soon as we’ve got anything to announce, we’ll let everyone know via the Spotify Community.

Thanks a lot, pal! 

This problem tortured me since first monday of Spotify usage. 

Hello I have the same problem, My discover weekly playlist is not showing up, I've been a Spotify user for years. Currently, a premium subscriber and I can't locate my DW playlist. Yes I've logged out of all my devices and logged back in.

Hey there @SmoothBond

Thanks for reaching out about this and welcome to the Community.

Just to confirm, is this only happening across devices or only on a specific one?

On another note, would you mind checking if you can find it by heading to Search > Made for you > Discover new music > Discover weekly?

We'll be on the lookout.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts