Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Downloads wont load

Downloads wont load

When i get in my car and try to load my downloaded music it takes forever to load and i have to turn off both my wifi and cellular data for it to load.

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra (Verizon)

Operating System

Android 12

One UI 4.1

4 Replies

Hi there @McDusty69,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community. Let's take a closer look into this.

To start with, can you make sure that you don't have Offline Mode enabled? You can check how you see that in this article under Switch on Offline Mode.

We'll be on the lookout for your reply 🙂

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

I see how that is a solution to my problem, but it doesn't fix my issue. I'm just wondering why something that's downloaded onto my phone needs internet to be displayed on my phone when I can just turn off my internet to see it. I shouldn't have this issue to begin with

Hey there @McDusty69,

Thanks for the reply.

Offline music on Spotify is meant to be played only in Offline Mode. Once this is switched on the app doesn't look for a network connection and loads downloaded content from the Spotify cache. If Offline Mode is disabled the app will search for a network, be it WiFi or mobile, and this will make content load slowly. This is because the app will always try to stream content when online, even if the songs or podcasts are already downloaded, in order to get the latest version of any playlist.

Hope this clears things up 🙂

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I do know how to turn offline mode on and how it solves my issue. But I don't think I should have to go offline for local files to be viewed on my phone

Suggested posts