Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Duplicate albums

Duplicate albums

basically every album has a duplicate identical version that makes saving the songs pointless and ruins all of my playlists. Searching the album or going through the artist page only gives one album, so you have to go through a convoluted process to just access the album you may have saved all the songs from. Is this not possible to fix…? It’s necessary to keep a bunch of exact duplicate albums..?
None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help.

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

47732907-3C82-4B81-AB67-61D381D2E33D.png
8 Replies

Hey @turntaccount,

Thanks for reaching out.

Can you please send us links to the two albums so we can investigate further? So far we weren't able to locate a second version of the above album.

Keep us posted.

MihailYModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

It shows that I’m currently listening to “unison” only in 1 version of the album. This implies there is more than one version of the track!

8FE7DBEE-1F5B-4210-A1F6-BE426968900D.png

B501151E-6CD9-4EB6-9E69-5DBDC0531405.png

https://open.spotify.com/album/5vBpIxm8ws6pWyVmTWiGE1?si=cKmJZzkaQqSSWPL6K5tqXA

https://open.spotify.com/album/4u3MPfHM60rFFULJebZIay?si=-CaZTd8XQ4eIRj4LqP_w1g

B2050D7D-E4C1-44E6-8B95-9BA8476C198B.png

21701B89-E205-414F-AC9E-4505F2CD2CC6.png

There are literally completely different record labels on each album how are y’all not aware of this💀

DA5E0310-EEAE-4D8B-A1A2-22585EECD2FE.png

5692DB0A-9FFC-4D76-B728-44F21BD8D11F.png

 I had previously liked all the songs in one version of the album, so I just liked some of the songs or added to my library or whatever it’s called now, from the other version of the album. In the pictures you can see that I have liked some songs twice and they show up twice in my library. This implies that there is more than one version of each track! Hope that helps.

Hi @turntaccount,

Thank you very much for the screenshots and the detailed info. We see what you mean here, both versions are identical but have different links and only minor differences like some spellings and one song being 2 seconds longer. Please feel free to report this as shown here.

However, in your original post, you mentioned that this happens with "every album", but so far we haven't been able to find any more such cases. Can you send us the links to a few more examples of this? That will help us see if this is a deeper lying issue and investigate this.

Keep us posted.

JoanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

This is happening to me aswell. Almost every Björk album is duplicated or even triplicated. Chech the screenshots:

Adanthalion_1-1705696345941.png

Adanthalion_2-1705696378872.png

Adanthalion_0-1705696269740.png

Adanthalion_3-1705696408309.png

Adanthalion_4-1705696422306.png

Hey @Adanthalion

Thanks for getting in touch about this here in the Community. 

The behavior you're describing can happen when an album gets reuploaded by the distributors. If they have different metadata or URIs, the app will check backstage to link to the accurate track, but it will currently miss to transfer the liked status to the newer version.

We've provided guidelines to distributors of what they can do to keep tracks fully in sync and basically overwrite old versions, but we know this is something that occurs. 

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us and will make sure to pass it onto the right team, as we always strive to improve your experience.

Hope this clears things up. If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you. 

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Artists will release the same song on different albums, so if there was a way to filter the duplicate songs that are added to "Liked Songs" to be able to remove a duplicate to save on storage. 

Suggested posts