Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Erased Playlist

Erased Playlist

I have Spotify Family Premium which I run on an iPhone X and Windows 10 pc in the U.S.  I was recently asked for some reason to sign into my Spotify account on my iPhone which I did using my Apple ID.  This was a big mistake because the email address for my Apple ID (@gmail.com) is different than the email account for my Spotify account (@verizon.net).  So I accidentally created two Spotify accounts which I soon figured out and deleted the new account created by mistake.  The problem is that my playlist have been deleted, but when I try the recover playlist feature it says that there are no deleted playlists.  It seems like they were erased when the new Spotify account was created.  Any help in recovering them would be greatly appreciated.  🙂 🙂 🙂

3 Replies

Hi there @BuckyBrown,

Thanks for the post.

Most likely you have more than two accounts. And one of them still contains your original playlists. Since you've deleted a newly created empty account, there is no way your old playlists would be deleted.

Have a look at this article for more info on how to find your multiple accounts. 

If you remember the names of some of your playlists you can search for them and check whether the username on the playlist matches that of the account you're currently logged into.

Keep us posted on how you get on.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Alex - thanks for getting back to me.**bleep** which was linked to my Facebook profile.**bleep** when I log into my Spotify account (**bleep** email address) it does not show my old playlists.

I think search for and found a Best of Ray Charles playlist that I created more than a year ago. The playlist had as the username “J Buckner Brown” which is me - although the user name in my current Spotify profile is a numeric username and nowhere in my current profile is my name shown (although maybe my wife used this name when she created the Family Premium account for me). In any case when I click on the songs in the Best of Ray Charles playlist which I created it says Content Not Available.

I feel like I’m making progress but still cannot access my old playlists. Any further advice would be much appreciated.

Hey @BuckyBrown,

Thanks for the reply and for going through this troubleshooting with us.

We'd recommend reaching out to our customer support team, though one of the channels here. They'll get back to 

After verification, they'll be able to have a look at your account data and help you find your original account if possible.

We can't do this from our end, since we don't have access to user info.

Hope this helps 🙂

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts