Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Followed playlist stops playing on a greyed out song instead of skipping over it.

Followed playlist stops playing on a greyed out song instead of skipping over it.

Plan

Premium

Country

US

Device

iPhone XR and iPad mini 5

Operating System

iOS/iPadOS 14.4.2

My Question or Issue

When I play a playlist via Spotify Connect (in order, not shuffled) that I’ve followed (not created myself), and it contains greyed out songs, once the playlist arrives at a greyed out song, it stops playing all together instead of simply skipping over to the next selection. Just a dead stop. I’m pretty sure it used to just skip over the greyed out track and keep playing.

Is that a bug or a “feature” now?

10 Replies

Hey @RoyalScam,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

Can you try switching OFF "Show unplayable songs" and let us know if this issue continues?

Also, let us know if this is happening only when you stream over Spotify Connect or when you're listening from your iOS device directly.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thanks Alex.

Firstly, yes, it only happens via Spotify Connect. When I play through my iPad/iPhone itself, it skips over the greyed-out tracks like it should, and playing doesn’t cease.

Secondly, yes, switching off “Show Unplayable Songs” does fix the issue via Spotify Connect. But, I don’t accept that as a solution. I shouldn’t have to keep enabling/disabling that setting all the time, should I?

Hi @RoyalScam

Thanks for getting back to us. 

Would you mind letting us know if you notice anything new after a clean reinstall of the app on both devices? This can help clearing any cache that might be causing trouble. 

Let us know how it goes.

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Clean install did not fix the issue. Still stalled when “Hide Unplayable Songs” was disabled on Spotify Connect to my Onkyo receiver. 

Hi again @RoyalScam

Thanks for your reply. 

If possible, could you give it a try using Connect with a different device?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

I connected to my Echo Dot and it skipped properly. So I guess the issue is isolated to the Onkyo TX-8160. That sucks. 😉

Hi @RoyalScam,

Thanks for the reply.

In this case we'd recommend you perform a factory reset on the Onkyo TX-8160 and check whether there are any new firmware updates available.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

I did check for Firmware Updates, and I have the latest firmware available on my Onkyo TX-8160. I won’t, however, be going scorched earth and factory resetting my receiver.

Hi @RoyalScam

Thanks for this info and for taking the time to report this to us. 

Since this issue is isolated to your device and we haven't received any other reports about this, we're afraid we won't be able to investigate this further.

Apologies for the inconvenience. If you have any questions or need a hand with anything else, we're always a post away.

Cheers.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

I am having the same problem with the playlist stalling at an unplayable song, but this is happening directly on my iPhone 12

hide unplayable songs is active, but the unplayable song still shows (grey)

Suggested posts