NEXT STEP

Help! Sync issue? IDK

Help! Sync issue? IDK

Plan : Premium

Device : Samsung Galaxy S8

Operating System : Android 

My Question or Issue

Hello, 

For the past several months I've been facing numerous issues with the Spotify App on my phone (I note that the desktop app is not impacted at all). I can see on the app that I'm logged in, and can see my playlists if I go to profile, however, if I go to my library it does not show anything, not even liked songs. It just says "Create your first playlist" and "Let's find some podcasts to follow." I can not like songs or start a playlist on the app. Most of the time I can not search for anything, or if I can, the page won't load - endless green buffering ring of doom appears (I've left it buffering for an hour to no avail). Furthermore, I can really only access *some* songs from the home tab, and even then, to get the songs to play, I need to click on the three dots next to the song, and if it loads I can play the song. Most song do not load, and I get the message "Go online to see menu." 

Things I've tried: restarting phone, reinstalling app, deleting cache, and a mixture of all the three. I've tried this: 

You should also make sure any battery optimization and firewall services are disable. Go to:

1. Mobile SettingsAppsSpotifyPermissions. Allow everything you see there.
  2. Mobile settingsAppsSpotifyBatteryOptimize battery usage> select top All (not optimized for apps)> Spotifydisable.
  3. Last step - restart the phone. 

1 Reply

Hi @IxiaMia,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting.

Great troubleshooting so far! There are other things we can try here. 

We understand you already reinstalled the app, please try running a clean reinstall with these steps, as this one is more thorough than a regular one.

Also, if you're using an SD card please remove it and see if that makes a difference.

Let us know how this goes. 

MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts