Step 1

NEXT STEP

Recovering library from another device

Recovering library from another device

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

I recently accidentally deleted my Spotify app on my Galaxy 8. I have reinstalled the app but of course I have lost my entire library. Happily I have that library stored on the Windows version of Spotify on my PC. Unhappily I have been unable to get the two devices to communicate either over WiFi or via USB cable. Neither recognizes the other. I should perhaps add that I have a premium subscription recognized by the PC but not by the new phone installation.

Dave

1 Reply

Hi there @dborger23,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting!

For what you describe, it seems like you have accessed a different account on your phone. Could you try logging with a different email address, or use the other login options? 

Alternatively, you can access your Account Overview from your PC and check your credentials. 

If you're still not able to access the correct account don't worry, you can retrieve your Premium username from the desktop app:

1. Open your Profile, click on the 3 dot menu under your profile picture. 
  2. When you copy and paste the link, the part that comes after "user/" and before "?si=" is your username.
  3. Try logging with the username and password, it should take you to the correct Premium account.

Hope this helps. Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have questions.

MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts