Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Help with Removing Tracks from History and Algorithms

Help with Removing Tracks from History and Algorithms

Plan

Premium

My Question or Issue

My spotify is hooked up to my google home, so whenever my parents or guests visit they play a bunch of song i do not want on it.   My suggestions are currently useless and the wrapped is also garbage.

The only suggestion I have seen is to use private sessions, but you can't use this with googlehome.

Is it pointless to pay for spotify to use with my google home?   

4 Replies

Hey there, welcome to the Spotify Community!

I understand that it is not pleasing to get your recommendations changed like that. As of now, there is no way to edit your Spotify listening history and hence affect future suggestions. What I can say is, to create a new Spotify account that is just for your Google Home device. In that way, even if they play on your device you do not need to worry about it affecting your suggestions.

If you want to play from your account then that would require you to set up your account again. I know this might not be the answer you are looking for but you can suggest any idea regarding this in our Ideas forum. Check if an existing Idea similar to yours is already there, otherwise feel free to create your own.

I hope that helps, let me know if you need anything else.

AmayySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

The answer was no help at all! 

If you mean buy a separate account, that is not a solution. If you mean buy a family plan, I currently have one and that doesn't work. Google home devices keep switching back the the primary account on their own, meaning I and many other subscribers end up with increasingly worse and worse music recommendations.

Hey, thanks for getting back. I understand your frustration and a feature like that does not exist at the moment. But I found a similar Idea submission that you can find here.

Let me know if you need help with anything else.

AmayySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts