Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How Do I Remove Bonus Tracks from Albums?

How Do I Remove Bonus Tracks from Albums?

When CDs became the next thing they began to reissue popular albums on CD, but the record companies thought it would be a good idea to add bonus tracks.  This was fine for compilations, but they did it to original albums too.  I feel that generally the original album that was issued was the complete and final work in the artist's mind.  The bonus tracks were added by marketers.  They even went so far in some cases as adding interviews as bonus tracks - not what you want to hear mixed in with your music.

A specific example would be King Crimson's In the Court of the Crimson King.  The original vinyl had 8 tracks.  What's available now is termed expanded and remastered, and it has 3 additional tracks (radio, duo, and live versions of some of the original 8).  What I want is the original albums as presented by the artists.  I don't see that available on Spotify, but deleting the three bogus tracks would achieve the same end.  Is that feasible?

1 Reply

Unfortunately, there's not really an easy way to save a full album while indicating that you'd like certain tracks to not be included.

I'd say the best option would be one of the following:

1. Instead of saving the full album, just save the individual tracks from the album, which will then appear in the artist section of your library and will even be organized by album within the artist page on mobile devices (the sorting doesn't work quite the same on desktop though). 

2. Alternatively, you could save the album to a playlist using the three dot menu for that album and clicking/tapping "add to playlist", and then you can remove the tracks you don't want later. This is the method I tend to use for certain albums, but the disadvantage here is the albums are then not seamlessly integrated into the library.

Please feel free to submit this as an idea here if you'd like to see this feature added to Spotify.

dinomightSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts