Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How do I play a song?

How do I play a song?

How do I play a song?

How do I play a single song? The Spotify UI is extremally frustrating and convoluted, why is it I look up a specific song I want to play, click the play button and it gives me like 10 different songs in a shuffled playlist that may or may not contain the song I specifically looked up for? I've already tried disabling all auto-play features and yet it still does this. I've tried liking the song then going to my liked songs and clicking the play button on the song and it only gives me like a 30 seconded preview, its so strange why would someone need a 30 second preview of a song in their liked library in the 1st place just play the song? I've tried just making a playlist with just one song in it and it still adds songs into a shuffled playlist of like 10 its so frustrating that one of the biggest music apps doesn't have a clear feature for playing and looping a single song.

3 Replies

Hey @Unbuilt 

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing problems with playback.

Could it be that you're using the free plan on Spotify?

If that's the case, you cannot play any song as you want and it'll keep on adding songs to playlists you create until they reach a certain number.

If it's premium however, you should get back to us with screenshots of what happens and device info like model.

You can go over here to try and see what different permissions are given to different subscription plans.

Thanks 💚

TaylithSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

So I have to pay just to listen to one song without it auto-shuffling it? How strange, having to pay to disable features.

Hello again @Unbuilt 

Sorry for not replying sooner

It's just the way things work, you have to be on a premium plan to be able to play songs on demand.

Take care and good luck 🎶🖤

TaylithSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts