Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How do I remove a podcast from my playlist?

How do I remove a podcast from my playlist?

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

US

Device

(iPhone 7, Desktop)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Windows 10)

My Question or Issue

How do I remove a podcast from my playlist?? I found a song as a podcast, added it to my playlist, and now I can't remove it? Please help

23 Replies

nvm, figured it out

On and IOS device, the option to delete is within the three dots drop-down. The web-based platform seems to be missing this feature.

Using the Windows Spotify app, there is no option to delete a podcast from a playlist.

Spotify team - Can we please focus on delivering feature parity across all of your supported platforms?

Plan

Premium

Country

US

Device

(Desktop)

Operating System

(Windows 10)

spotify-windows-issue.png

How did you do it

Hey there folks,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

Currently it's not possible to neither add nor remove podcasts from playlists on the Desktop app.

You can do this though the Mobile version.

If you think other users might also like to have the ability to add/remove podcasts from playlists on Desktop, go ahead and create an idea on the relevant idea board. We always take new ideas and feedback into consideration to improve the app. Here you can read more on how ideas work.

We also suggest checking this help article for useful tips on how to submit an idea. As a heads-up, it's good to know that the higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for the idea to be implemented :slightly_smiling_face: 

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions.

Have a great day!

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Why would anyone not want to remove/add podcasts from desktop. This should be in the desktop version the day the Podcast where available.

No option to DELETE awful **bleep** Podcasts!!! What gives?

I pay you money every month - PLEASE ADD Option to Delete a Podcast selected with mild interest but realising IMMEDIATE DELETE is the only sensible Option

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

iPhone 13

Operating System

iOS 16

My Question or Issue

I am unable to remove songs podcasts from my playlists on my iPhone. The playlists are private and not collaborative. When I click on the three dots next to a song playlist it simply does not have Remove from Playlist as an option. I have already tried restarting device and uninstalling and reinstalling the app

EDIT: I have discovered that this is an issue with playlists I have created of podcasts that I follow

IMG_4679.PNG
IMG_4680.PNG

Hey @caitieofohio,

This might be an issue with the cache on the phone. I see you're listening to a podcast, the first thing you could try is opening the podcast page and unfollow the podcast. If that doesn't work you could try to run a clean reinstall of the app. You can follow this Guide, where you'll find instructions on how to remove all app data and cache, before reinstalling.

MauriceMVRock Star 7
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi @mauricemv,

I tried this solution and unfortunately it didn't work. I did look at a playlist I have of songs, and I am able to remove songs from that playlist. This seems to be an issue with playlists of podcasts that I have.

I just tested this on my husband’s account (he has the same iOS and phone as me) and he has the same issue

I am having the same issue

I'm having exactly the same problem. It's possible to remove podcasts from the Windows app but not in iOS. Hope this is fixed soon.

This appears to no longer be available on mobile either. This has been happening for me for the last few days. The Remove from Playlist option has disappeared from iOS for podcasts within playlists and there is just a gap in the menu where it used to be. What the heck Spotify?! Get it together!! If this is intentional, that’s pretty despicable. I am a paid user. If you want to charge me an extra dollar to delete from a playlist, go ahead, but don’t get rid of useful features.

I tried reinstalling the app. Deleting other stuff on my phone to make space in case that was messing with the app. I updated from iOS 16.0.2 to 16.1.2. Didn’t help.

63B6C160-2DCD-4611-83B0-16A531AA0CC6.png

I’m really hoping this is a bug. If y’all are trying to be sneaky, this is just sloppy. 

50E42C11-3D17-40DF-8566-27BBD89973EA.png

i have reached out to Spotify Cares on twitter and chatted with an agent for 2 hours. They don’t seem to be motivated to fix this and just keep asking me to restart my device. What do we need to do to get their attention?

Hey @Bsh,

Thanks for reaching out.

We've received a few other reports about this issue and we've forwarded them to the relevant team for further review. Can you please let us know your device model and exact Spotify version, so that we have a full picture of your particular setup?

Looking forward to your reply.

MihailYModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

My brother added a Fortnite song to my playlist that was a podcast episode as a prank. I need it off. Like now.

Suggested posts