Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to remove an empty podcast?

Solved!

How to remove an empty podcast?

I added a podcast to my library, but the creator removed all episodes. Now when I click on it, I see notification about internet connection. I cannot remove it from my library and it's really annoying for me, because I like to have it well organized.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there!

Sorry for the late reply, we just came by this post.

By unfollowing the podcast it should disappear from Your Library. You can unfollow it by going to Your Library > Podcasts and pressing and holding on the podcast (right-clicking if you're on desktop) > Unfollow.

If the issue persists, feel free to send over a screenshot / screen recording which shows how things look on your end.

Cheers!

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hey there @ninthwitch,

Thanks for the reply and the video recording.

This is most likely an issue with the cache on the phone. First of all, try opening the podcast page and unfollowing the podcast. If that doesn't work and the podcast page doesn't exist, run a clean reinstall of the app. You can follow this Guide, where you'll find instructions on how to remove all app data and cache, before reinstalling. This usually takes care of similar issues. Since the podcast was removed, it should disappear from your library eventually, unfortunately we can't say exactly when.

Note: clearing the app data and cache will remove your content downloaded for offline listening, so you'll need to re-download once you reinstall the app.

Let us know how it goes.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

View solution in original post

11 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi there!

Sorry for the late reply, we just came by this post.

By unfollowing the podcast it should disappear from Your Library. You can unfollow it by going to Your Library > Podcasts and pressing and holding on the podcast (right-clicking if you're on desktop) > Unfollow.

If the issue persists, feel free to send over a screenshot / screen recording which shows how things look on your end.

Cheers!

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Hi, Thank you for reaching out. I do not have this issue on the computer,
only in the mobile app.

I recorded a short video, where you can sort of see that I am pressing on
the podcast, but nothing happens - it's the last one on the list, Harry
Potter audiobook.
For other podcast, I can unfollow them without any issues, just as in the
instruction you provided.

Best regards,
Anna

Marked as solution

Hey there @ninthwitch,

Thanks for the reply and the video recording.

This is most likely an issue with the cache on the phone. First of all, try opening the podcast page and unfollowing the podcast. If that doesn't work and the podcast page doesn't exist, run a clean reinstall of the app. You can follow this Guide, where you'll find instructions on how to remove all app data and cache, before reinstalling. This usually takes care of similar issues. Since the podcast was removed, it should disappear from your library eventually, unfortunately we can't say exactly when.

Note: clearing the app data and cache will remove your content downloaded for offline listening, so you'll need to re-download once you reinstall the app.

Let us know how it goes.

AlexModerator

Hi,

Clearing the app data already solved the issue, I didn't have to reinstall the app.

Thank you so so much! It's been bugging me for months!

Best,

Ania

Hey @ninthwitch,

Thank you for keeping in contact. 

We're glad to know that everything is working fine now. It's always a pleasure to help.

If anything else comes up, the Community is just a post away.

Cheers!

OscarDCModerator

A podcast I followed seems to have been removed from Spotify, but it still show up on my Podcast list -- is there no way for me to remove it?

Plan

Famiky Premium

Country

USA

Device

iPhone 14

Operating System

IOS 16

My Question or Issue

A podcast I follow was cancelled and the creator deleted all episodes. Now I am unable to remove it from my podcast. It will not allow me to unfollow. Screenshots attached. Any suggestions? 

IMG_1192.jpg
IMG_1193.jpg

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Uk

Device

iPhone XS

Operating System

iOS 16

My Question or Issue

I have a podcast that I saved in my library that’s been deleted but it still shows up in my library but I can only pin it I can’t remove it

IMG_2837.png
IMG_2838.png

A Podcast in my library no longer exists, and right-clicking on it from the desktop app does not bring up any menu (whereas right-clicking other podcasts does bring up a menu). With no menu popping up on either right- or left-clicking any part of this podcast title, it seems impossible to follow this dead podcast.

I am using Spotify for Windows (64 bit) 1.2.15.828.g79f41970.

IMG_1464.jpeg

IMG_1463.jpeg

 it doesn’t work in this case where the podcast is no longer in existence you cannot remove or unfollow it. 

Idk if you're still having issues with this, but if you click on that empty podcast and then hit ctrl and delete on your keyboard it should get rid of it. It worked for me.

Suggested posts