Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to remove and stop past podcasts from being recommended

How to remove and stop past podcasts from being recommended

Last year I was searching for some podcasts of specific interest but after giving a couple shows a try and not liking what I found I gave up and moved on. Now both of these podcasts are not only looming in my "Your Shows" despite having never followed them in the first place I am also getting notifications when new episodes are posted. I'm not following either, I never clicked like, and I'm sick of seeing them every time I open the app I pay for. How do you remove or block these shows so I never have to see them again?
Top Answer
Yordan

Hey folks,

What I'd recommend is to look for the podcast in the Podcasts & Shows tab of your Home feed on the mobile app and tap the three dots on an episode > Not interested.

Go to "Home" and select "Podcasts & Shows" at the topGo to "Home" and select "Podcasts & Shows" at the top

Find a podcast episode, tap the three dots menu and select "Not interested"Find a podcast episode, tap the three dots menu and select "Not interested"

Below are a few podcast- and customization-related ideas, which I think you'd like, so feel free to check them out and show your support by giving them a thumbs up:

Take care.

Top Answer
KittyInTheHat
Visitor

I figured it out!!!

Mark all as listened to, it'll stop recommending, and it'll disappear off the "your podcasts" listing!

1. Go to the page for the podcast

2. Select the gear icon

3. At the bottom, select "Mark as played"

4. Select "Mark all as listened"

FINALLY, some relief!

58 Replies

Greetings, so If you are seeing podcasts that you don't want to see in your "Your Shows" list and are receiving notifications for them, you can remove them from your account using these steps:

1. Open the Spotify app and go to the "Your Library" section.

2. Tap on the "Podcasts" tab.

3. Find the podcast that you want to remove and tap on it to open its page.

4. Tap the three dots in the upper right-hand corner of the page.

5. Select "Remove from Your Shows" or "Don't Notify Me" to remove the podcast from your account and stop receiving notifications for new episodes.

6. Repeat these steps for any other podcasts that you want to remove.

If you've never followed these podcasts or interacted with them in any way, it's possible that they were recommended to you based on your listening habits. In that case, you may also want to adjust your podcast preferences in your Spotify account settings.

To do this:

1. Open the Spotify app and go to the "Your Library" section.

2. Tap on the gear icon in the upper right-hand corner to access your account settings.

3. Scroll down to the "Podcasts" section and toggle off any podcast preferences that you don't want to be used for recommendations.

I hope this helps you remove the unwanted podcasts from your account and stop receiving notifications for them. Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns!

-Prague the Dog

PragueSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

This is not true.  The three dots only give you three choices; whether I wish to follow it, rate it, or share it.  Even if you hit unfollow, the podcast won’t go away!!  Frustrating 

I am having the same problem. A podcast I tried out keeps popping up on my homepage. It will even auto-queue sometimes, which is even more infuriating than it not going away despite me not following it or having it in my library! It’s possible it keeps being recommended to me because of the other podcasts I listen to, but it is the only podcast that pops up. 

I am having the same issue despite doing all I could to stop getting it recommended (or even worse: automatically playing...), like unfollowing the podcast, rating it the lowest possible... It is extemely frustrating and annoying.

And the solution given in a previous message is not working since the 'Remove from your shows' / 'Don't notify me' options do not exist.

You're wrong

I am currently having this same issue - I listened to literally 10 minutes of a podcast, it was terrible, and now it's showing up at the top of my home page with no way to remove it. I even tried rating it one star and Spotify still apparently thinks that means I want to listen to it. Between this and the fact that I keep getting pop up ads every time I open the app with "recommendations" even though I pay for premium AND the fact that Spotify keeps hiding podcasts I paused but was in the middle of listening to and saying they're "played" even though there's still quite a bit of time left, I need to find another app to use for podcasts. Allowing paying customers to remove podcasts they don't like from their home page, especially when they aren't subscribed/following, seems like the bare minimum UX Design decision for an app that is used to play podcasts. 

Same, I've had several popups for podcasts in the last 24 hours and I don't listen to podcasts on spotify. Deeply annoying. The instructions above don't even match what I'm seeing in the app. It's been obvious for a while that spotify is trying to push podcasts on their platform and they don't care about user experience. Been a premium member for 8 years and if I get any more pop-ups I might start researching streaming apps.

Hey folks,

What I'd recommend is to look for the podcast in the Podcasts & Shows tab of your Home feed on the mobile app and tap the three dots on an episode > Not interested.

Go to "Home" and select "Podcasts & Shows" at the topGo to "Home" and select "Podcasts & Shows" at the top

Find a podcast episode, tap the three dots menu and select "Not interested"Find a podcast episode, tap the three dots menu and select "Not interested"

Below are a few podcast- and customization-related ideas, which I think you'd like, so feel free to check them out and show your support by giving them a thumbs up:

Take care.

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I don't have a 'not interested' option anywhere

I don't see this button. Attached is a screenshot on Android of where it's supposed to be. I'm on the latest version (8.8.66.563).

The button isn't present on PC either.

Screenshot_20230908-144653_Spotify.jpg

I have the same problem. A podcast is showing up in the "Good Morning" section which I would like to remove.

No option is given.

Exact same issue here. If I can't find a solution for this im cancelling my subscription.

I have the exact same problem.  There are no podcasts in my library. (I rated them all the lowest and stopped following them to try to get rid of the most aggravating recommendations).  Spotify continues to prominently "recommend" (I believe the better term is to "aggressively advertise) two aggravating podcasts.  I have to scroll past them to get to the music.  Why "recommend" podcasts that the subscriber rated the lowest and does not follow?  Either the AI is defective or Spotify is being paid to push certain podcasts, probably the ones with advertising.  Please consider allowing subscribers to block specific podcasts and to opt to not receive podcasts recommendations.

This sucks so much. I hate what spotify has become.

I DON'T HAVE ANY INTEREST IN LISTENING TO JORDAN PETERSON PODCAST SPOTIFY!!! 

Me: I hate Jordan Peterson and his whacko views on woman

Spotify: No you don't

Same for Theo Von or any of the Brogan acolytes. I don want them in my feed and it is forced in again and again. Might have to go back to Apple Music. 

I figured it out!!!

Mark all as listened to, it'll stop recommending, and it'll disappear off the "your podcasts" listing!

1. Go to the page for the podcast

2. Select the gear icon

3. At the bottom, select "Mark as played"

4. Select "Mark all as listened"

FINALLY, some relief!

Thats true and thanks for help! But they definitly need to stop this kind of manipulating tactics,they push us podcasts that are probaby payed to be sponsored. I listened to 2 podcasts in 2 years,and they keep pushing totaly diferent creators to me,like ??? Why do i even have premium when i cant chose to delete something from recomendation or even say im not interested? They are crazy

Suggested posts