Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

JRE Podcast

JRE Podcast

I'm following the Joe Rogan Experience and I've ried to watch it since the launch but it doesn't work. I get neither sound nor video. I'm only using the desktop app on an iMac with the latest version of OS X but I've also tried the web player. Other podcasts work with no problem. Anybody knows what's going on and how to fix it? 

6 Replies

I have the exact same problem.  I got it to work ONE TIME in a month.  The rest of the time it just sits there with the video icon on the bottom left with no audio or video.

Do you use a VPN? Because I do and when I turned it off it worked. Very wierd since I haven't had any problem with anything else with it on. 

It´s Spotify and their potato servers who need to step up their game to support the tide of new listeners of this podcast. I fear the day Joe Rogan ceases to exist on Youtube and so should the systems manager in Spotify´s bronze age data center.

Hi everyone,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community!

If you're having playback issues, we'd first off recommend following the steps in this support article. You should also try turning off VPN as @PineappleXpress suggested.

In case that doesn't do the trick, it'd be great if you could let us know your device, operating system and Spotify version and we’ll see if we can think up some other things to try.

Keep us posted! We’ll be happy to help further, just give us a shout.

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Already did all those fixes except running on Offline Mode because that is a cheap fix. If I pay for streaming I pay for streaming not downloading content.

Running the app on an up-to-date windows 10, Ryzen 64gb ram workstation and 150 mb fiber internet so don't even try to suggest it is my machine or my internet.

I know you moderators get paid to deflect this kind of comments, be witty and suggest half-****ed solutions but everyone here knows this is a technical problem at Spotify's core.

If you are buying the biggest podcast on the internet and expecting to stream video to millions  on the same ducktaped infrastructure you have with Google Cloud you are frankly ignoring the principles of good service.

As I already said don't buy the golden egg goose to kill it.

Hey @PabloFerroDesig,

Thanks for getting back to us and for your feedback.

Sometimes the app files might get corrupted and cause issues with the sound and video such as the ones you're experiencing.

It's a good idea to perform a clean reinstall using these steps. They are very thorough and make sure that no leftover files remain.

If the issue persists, could you log in to a friend or family members account and share with us if it comes up there as well?

Hope this helps. Let us know how you get on.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts