Library is gone

Plan

Premium

Country

Canada

Device

Samsung Galaxy A20

My Question or Issue

My phone went through a software update and once I was able to go back on it and open spotify, my library was gone. I clicked onto my account and the username was a bunch of numbers and my playlists were there but all of the songs were gone. I went on my laptop and my account and library there is fine but on my phone it's gone. I tried re installing it twice, restarting my phone and logging back in and out. Nothing helped.

13 Replies

I fixed it. I ejected and took my SD card out and then opened spotify and all of my stuff was there. I could play music and then I reinserted the SD card and it still worked fine.

Ok nevermind when I tried to put my downloaded songs onto my SD card it switched back to the library gone and unable to play music. I can't put my downloads onto my internal storage because there isn't enough space. 

Hey @JazzTrax,

Would you please try these steps in the order provided: 

1. Remove your SD card
  2. Power the device off & back on
  3. Remove & install Spotify again on the internal memory
  4. Return the SD card & check if the issue persists

Many thanks!

VasilModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thanks for getting back to me!! I did the steps in the order you provided but the issue is still there. When I switch the storage to my SD card it empties my library, my username changes and I can't play any music. Even the playlists made by spotify show up as empty.

Hey again @JazzTrax,

This may indicate that there's an issue with the SD card itself.
We could also check for internal cache errors on Spotify's end, though.
Follow this link & contact our Support.
They can check this for you and fix any issues if such are present 🙂

Let us know how it goes!

VasilModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I can confirm that this issue is not due to an sd card issue. I have the exact same problem with empty libraries when selecting sd card as storage location. I have tried every fix listed with no success in being able to use the sd card as the storage location. I have also tested and found the same issue occurs on two of my other devices. Android os, on Samsung phone, Samsung tablet , And on amazone fire 7. 

Hi @River_rdr2,

Thank you for taking the time to reply in this thread and for the troubleshooting you've done so far. We tried to see if you could replicate the behavior on different devices without any success.

Can you start with making sure there's no old cache on the devices by following the steps here?

If that doesn't do the trick, can you have someone log in with their account on your device - such as a friend or a family member to see if the issue persists? This will help us understand if it's account related or not.

It would also be great if you can provide us a screenshot of what you can see?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care 🙂

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hi. 

Phone samsung galaxy a50

Android 11

I followed the steps provided. There were remnant spotify files on device, internal or SD storage. On reinstallation of spotify the library issue persists. SD card was installed during spotify installation so the SD card is selected as storage location and the app will not function; selecting library shows empty library, selecting a podcast or music from home screen generates an error.

I should note that on my 2022 fire 7, I mounted the SD card to the device formatted as internal memory, and this solved the library issue on that device. 

The SD card can nit be mounted as internal memory on the A50 phone so I am still looking for a solve.

I will try and add screenshots.

Screenshot_20220720-080917_Spotify.jpg

Screenshot_20220720-080902_Spotify.jpg

Screenshot_20220720-080942_Spotify.jpg

I was just reinstalling spotify and my anti-virus picked up a threat. I included the screenshots. I have never seen this before and I have Uninstalled and reinstalled spotify a dozen times in the last couple weeks.

Screenshot_20220720-084217_Google Play Store.jpg

Screenshot_20220720-084231_ESET Mobile Security.jpg

My library looks the same, I talked with an advisor and they said they'd email me if they find a solution so if there's a way to fix it that they find out I'll be sure to share it here

Screenshot_20220719-155006_Spotify.jpg
Screenshot_20220719-155021_Spotify.jpg
Screenshot_20220719-161205_Spotify.jpg

Hey. I sorted out the trojan warning. My anti-virus update was picking spotify up incorrectly. They issued a new update and fixed the false detection problem. 

Suggested posts