Liked songs not syncing across devices

Plan

Premium

Country

Canada

Device

iPhone Xs Max and Windows 10 PC

My Question or Issue

I liked a lot of songs on the Windows 10 app, and none show up as Liked on my iPhone app. I have tried signing out of Spotify on my phone, and I even connected the devices to play my liked tracks list from my PC through my phone, but that didn't help either.

Is there any way to force the lists to sync?

Thanks!

44 Replies

He @northern1212,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for reaching out about this here.

Would you mind trying to log out and then back in to your account on your iPhone while using a different internet connection to see if your Liked Songs gets successfully updated?

If that doesn't do the trick, it'd be also great for you to perform a clean reinstall with your iPhone and start with a brand-new as well as the most up-to-date version of your Spotify app. Take a look at this Spotify answer to find out how this works for your device.

Hope you'll find this info useful. Let us know if we can help any further!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi there!

I did try logging out and logging back into the iOS app, but that didn’t help.

I hadn’t thought of reinstalling the app.

But I did stumble across something that worked. I just liked a new song in the iOS app, and suddenly it synced all the other songs as well.

Hope Spotify can solve the underlying problem though.

This has been broken for YEARS, how is this not fixed yet?

Hi @kellengreen,

Welcome to the Community and welcome.

Could you give us more details about what's happening on your side? What is the model and operating system of the devices you're using?

Lastly, please let us know if you've tried any troubleshooting steps, this way we can omit them. 

Keep us posted. 

MafeGModerator

The same thing happened to me - logging out then deleting and reinstalling the app fixed the syncing issue 🙂 

Still not solved - and the "solutions" are also not usable.

Spotify has a lot of basic problems with AudioBooks anyway - e.g. it is still unable to continue an AudioBook at the last position, once another playlist is used - but when also likes playlists are lost from one device (e.g. Windows) to another (e.g. iOS) this is very annoying.

It's nice that an AudioBook is seen as "liked", but pointless if it does not show up in the library.

How can it be that these basic features like shareing liked playlists is still not working.

account: Premium

Devices: Windows, iOS, Linux, Android

Hey @Schrotti_,

Thanks for posting here 🙂

In case this is happening on different devices, it sounds like the mentioned issues could be an account-related.

Could you try with another account on the same devices to check if that makes a difference?

Regarding an option to share your liked songs playlist-you can check this idea as it sounds similar to your suggestion. 

As a workaround you can mark the first song, scroll to the end, press Ctrl+Shift and click on the last song. Then you can add the liked songs in another playlist in order to share it.

Let us know how it goes.

Ver Moderator

Not only the database is not working properly, I also have to re-write my reply and the forum just canceled my previous comment with a exception 😞 and simply threw it away.

So here again:

This is not a solution at all. As the seach on phones/tablets is not really user friendly I tend to do the search on my PC where it is at least a bit easier to find something.

So if I find out days later that once again a list was not properly synced it does not helped that I should have done something else but liking a playlist is not helpful.

Overall, no this is no solution that will work.

Hey @Schrotti_,

Thanks for getting back to us 🙂

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us regarding the process of posting a comment on the page. 

Could you share with us if you get an error message when you try posting a comment? If so, you can send us a screenshot of it so we can look into this further. 

In case the issue occurs again, you can try reloading the page again while being logged in to the Community to see if that helps.

If you want to suggest an idea about the search process on phones or tablets, you can give these steps a go.

Regarding the issue with the synchronization of the songs-could you share with us which troubleshooting steps you've tried so far? That way we can can avoid repeating steps.

Keep us posted.

Ver Moderator

Hey, I'm having the same problem in the last couple of days, I liked some songs on my iPhone and they're not showing up on my Mac and vice versa. I've had this problem before but it got ridiculously bad about a week ago. Considering how many people are reporting this lately I'm pretty sure it's not a device-specific or account-specific issue, you guys just merged a bad commit, can you please just let the devs know?

Edit: it seems that it's way more common for the songs I like on my iPhone to not show up on my Mac than the other way around

Interestingly enough I could “unlike” the audiobook on my iPhone and it
would, more less immediately, disappear on my windows PC. And after liking
it again it was then available on all devices.
So looks like a simple such error in the database.

Hi folks,

Thank you for your replies.

We'd like to investigate this further, so please share with us the make, model, OS of your affected devices, as well as the Spotify version you're running. 

Keep us posted!

MafeGModerator

Version:

* iPhone:
o iOS: 14.8
o HW: SE2
o Spotify: 8.6.68.1328
* PC
o OS: Win10 21H1
o Spotify: Spotify für Windows
1.1.70.610.g4585142b

Hey @Schrotti_,

Thanks for getting back to us with the requested details.

Just to make sure that we're on the same page - when you mentioned above that unlinking/ linking the audiobook synched properly this time, did you mean that it started working for other content items as well or just that specific one?

If it's the latter we'd also like to include in our report whether or not this happens with other accounts on your devices as well. If you could ask a friend or family member to log in to theirs, that would be a great help. A test over a different internet connection would also help us get to the bottom of this quicker.

We'll be keeping an eye out for your reply 🙂

Mihail Moderator

Hi,

the problem was visible for a few audiobook playlists.

I had to unlike and like again for every single one separetely.

Since I only use/have one account, I can't answer the second question.
Also unfortunately I'm the only one on my family using multiple devices,
so the others can't test your proposal.

By the way the internet connection was different: Wifi for Windows at
hone and LTE for my phone - a day or two later when I was somewhere else.

Hi @Schrotti_,

Thanks for the info.

Could you try creating a free account for test purposes and use that one to test if liking content on different devices works for you. This will help us, as it shines light on whether the issue is account related at all.

Cheers.

AlexModerator

Same here. I use the iPhone in the car with Apple Carplay. What I do is to shuffle my liked songs. So once in a while I dislike songs to remove them from the liked song list as I want to keep that list for the really liked songs. What I see is that this doesn't sync to my mac. Nor to the iPad. At this moment the iPhone tells me there are 3924 liked songs. The iPad thinks there are 4249. My mac tells me there are 4259 liked songs.

Hey @NicoJoos,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community.

Can you list all the troubleshooting steps mentioned in this thread that you've tried, along with the info we've asked? This is to avoid repeating anything and know where to start.

We'll be on the lookout.

CarlosEModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

I have a Google Pixel 5 running Spotify 8.6.72.1121. On Windows 10 I'm running Spotify for Windows
1.1.70.610.g4585142b.

Recent songs I have liked on my phone are not showing up in Windows.

Suggested posts