Premium

Country

USA

Device

Desktop

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I have recently been adding songs to my local files folder, however, the playlist on Spotify refuses to update on my desktop app.
I have changed the folder that the music was in
Reinstalled Spotify
Tried changing the local-files.bnk file
Changed the folder location

I feel like I have tried almost anything but I am open to suggestions.
Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello @wilsoh10,

We really appreciate the effort you've poured in to troubleshoot on your end so far.

Just so we're on the same page, are the new songs not appearing in the Local Files folder (located in Your Library > Playlists tab next to Liked Songs) or a playlist you created?

image.png

If the songs appear in the folder but not your playlist, you just need to add them to the playlist from the folder. In case the folder itself isn't updating, it'd be great if you could send us some screenshots of the source location on your computer containing the files and how the Local Files folder looks in the app.

Thanks - Keep us posted!

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Hey there @wilsoh10,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

Can you try running a clean reinstall of the app, it's a bit different than a normal reinstallation.

Let us know how it goes.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Hello, just tried this with no success, any other suggestions?

Hey @wilsoh10,

Thanks for trying and keeping in touch.

Try heading to the app's settings > toggle off all the sources that appear under Show Local Files > toggle Show Local files off and on again > enable the sources again > restart the app.

Let us know if that does the trick.

CarlosEModerator

Hello again, still no luck sadly.

Hi there @wilsoh10,

Thanks for the reply.

Can you try doing what @MattSuda has suggested here?

If that doesn't work, try downloading the app from our website instead of the Windows app store, or vise versa.

Keep us in the loop.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Hello, tried the method linked with no luck. Tried it in 2 ways one installing from the google store and the other from the Spotify website, both had no luck.
Marked as solution

Hello @wilsoh10,

We really appreciate the effort you've poured in to troubleshoot on your end so far.

Just so we're on the same page, are the new songs not appearing in the Local Files folder (located in Your Library > Playlists tab next to Liked Songs) or a playlist you created?

image.png

If the songs appear in the folder but not your playlist, you just need to add them to the playlist from the folder. In case the folder itself isn't updating, it'd be great if you could send us some screenshots of the source location on your computer containing the files and how the Local Files folder looks in the app.

Thanks - Keep us posted!

XeniaModerator

Oh my gosh, I must be the dumbest person on earth lol. I was looking at a playlist and not the folder. Thank you would much for your help lol and everyone else for dealing with me being stupid lol.

I have done this myself to remedy the problem of Spotify not updating files that are in the Local Files.  I followed all the so called solutions below none work.  I tried doing a chat session with spotify tech support today.  Went through 5 so called experts who eventually bumped me off the chat.  Just abysmal customer support if you ask me.  This is Windows 11 I am talking about and all of the help is for windows 10.  Very frustrated after spending hours on reinstalling and and looking for hidden storage files in Spotify where these music files are hidden that display.  I have chose 4 different source files on my PC for the local files, and the originals that I no longer want there.  You can't even delete those files directly which seems like a simple thing to supply the user.  Spotify makes it extremely hard to upload and play your owm music on the app.  I am trying to fix this pm ,my wife's computer so she can listen to the music from her chorous group.  This morning I was created by no access to my account on Spotify.  The techy in Bangladore or Pakistan spent 50 minutes giving me the runaround about copying and sharing music which I have never done.  I think my account was hacked...but that has happened to me fbefore when Spotify used to talk to people on the phone. So at the end of this chat bout he said...so sorry if we disabled your account by accident.  Is there someone on this forum who knows how to get a real CLEAN INSTALL, SO I CAN START OVER WITH THIS APP, WHICH MY THE WAY I HAVE BEEN PAYING FOR FOR 10 years. Thanks for any help you can provide.  Also, deleting the folders does not work, and neither does deleting the *.bnk files buried in the appdata.  You can't even read the bnk files and perhaps just maybe delete the old stuff out of there.  

Suggested posts