Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Local Files Sync

Solved!

Local Files Sync

I have a question regarding local file syncing, if my local files are located in

C:/USER/MUSIC

upon adding them and downloading them using the spotify desktop application can i delete the local files from my pc? ( delete them from C:/user/music)? or will they be automaticly deleted from spotify aswell?

Another question is, can i safely move my local files folder and put them in the spotify folder or will that cause any complications? ( for example moving my local files from c:/user/music to c:/user/music/spotify) so i can have my local files all in one folder (spotify).

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

IPHONE XS MAX

Operating System

Win 10

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi MA887x!

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community.

Regarding the first question, if you delete the local files from your pc (music), Spotify won't find them anymore and you won't see them anymore on Spotify as well.

Regarding the second question, if you move your local files to the Spotify folder, you will probably have to change the source from where Spotify takes your local files in settings (Settings > Local Files > Add a Source).

Hope this helps.
Cheers!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hi MA887x!

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community.

Regarding the first question, if you delete the local files from your pc (music), Spotify won't find them anymore and you won't see them anymore on Spotify as well.

Regarding the second question, if you move your local files to the Spotify folder, you will probably have to change the source from where Spotify takes your local files in settings (Settings > Local Files > Add a Source).

Hope this helps.
Cheers!

Suggested posts