Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Local Files not syncing

Local Files not syncing

Plan

Premium

Country

Singapore

Device

(iPhone XS, Microsoft Surface Pro)

Operating System

(iOS 14.2, Windows 10)

My Question or Issue

Local files are not syncing. Tried de-selecting and selecting local files in settings. Tried re-installing Spotify. Change file location, which it works at first, but once I close and reopen Spotify, local files became empty, prompting me to go to preferences.

3 Replies

Hi @shamnsw_

Welcome to the Community! Thanks for reaching out about this.

We'd first recommend making sure that your devices are connected to the same network. Also, make sure that the files are in a supported format. You can find a list of those formats here.

If you're still having issues syncing your Local Files, we'd recommend taking a look at this article for more info on how to get them to work.

Let us know how it goes. We'll be on the lookout for your reply. 

Hi Peter!

Thanks for prompt reply and solutions, but however I’m afraid I am not facing the issues that you mentioned in your solutions. Previously I was able to play my local files, but it was not syncing all of the sudden.

I have managed to sync back my local files, not sure how, but I did turn on local audio files on the mobile app, maybe that is the reason that I was able to sync back.

Will definitely keep a lookout to see if this is the reason that my local files are syncing back.

Hey there @shamnsw_,

Thank you for your reply.

We're really glad to hear that everything works as expected for you again. Good job 🙂

If anything comes up we're always one reply away.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts