Premium

Country

UAE

Device

iphone 13 pro 

Operating System

ios 17.4.1

My Question or Issue

When i add files to my local files playlist, only some appear however the other files i have added don’t appear in my local files folder.

1 Reply

Hey @OmarTS07,

Thanks for posting in the Community and welcome.

It's important to keep in mind that your files need to be added to the Spotify folder located in Files > On My iPhone. Make sure all the files you can't see on the Local Files folder were correctly added to said folder.  If your files are currently stored on a cloud, you'll have to download them to the Spotify folder in order for the app to discover them.

Since you mentioned some of your local files don't appear in your Local Files folder, just to confirm, are you seeing them gray out, or can't you see them at all? It'd be awesome if you could send us more info. Spotify supports .mp3, .mp4, and .m4p files. It doesn’t support .mp4 files that contain video, or the iTunes lossless format (M4A). We'd suggest checking your files' format to make sure there are no compatibility issues.

If the above doesn't do the trick, it might be worth performing a clean reinstall of the app on your device. By doing that, the app can be up-to-date, and you can make sure the cache is not leading to this inconvenience. You can find the steps to do it here.

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts