Premium

Country

UK

Device

(iPhone 11, Dell XPS)

Operating System

(iOS 13.7, Windows 10)

My Question or Issue

This issue affects my account across multiple devices (primarily iPhone 11 and Spotify Web on Windows 10). My "Made for You" playlists (Daily Drive and Daily Wellness) do not refresh day to day. The podcasts refresh but the music is identical each day. I read somewhere that there is backend cache that can be cleared from my profile but that this is done on the server side.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @pedro1989,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community!

Apologies for the delayed response, we just came across this thread. Could you let us know if you’re still having troubles with this?

If you are, we'd recommend that you make sure that you listen to more of your fave tracks with the ''Private session'' feature off.

If that doesn't do it for you, we'll also suggest saving some new tracks in Your Library to help the algorithm. 

Our support agents have the option to remove the devices that you have connected for offline listening but not to reset your music profile and since you mention that this is happening on multiple devices, we can assume it's not caused by a singular device you're using.

Keep us in the loop here and let us know if you have any more questions. 

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

11 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there @pedro1989,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community!

Apologies for the delayed response, we just came across this thread. Could you let us know if you’re still having troubles with this?

If you are, we'd recommend that you make sure that you listen to more of your fave tracks with the ''Private session'' feature off.

If that doesn't do it for you, we'll also suggest saving some new tracks in Your Library to help the algorithm. 

Our support agents have the option to remove the devices that you have connected for offline listening but not to reset your music profile and since you mention that this is happening on multiple devices, we can assume it's not caused by a singular device you're using.

Keep us in the loop here and let us know if you have any more questions. 

ElenaModerator

Hi Elena,

Thank you for your reply. I'm struggling to see where I can set private session on or off. It doesn't exist in the places mentioned in this article: https://support.spotify.com/us/article/how-to-enable-private-listening/

Thanks,

Peter.

Hey @pedro1989,

Thanks for your reply.

Is the option for a Private session missing across multiple devices? If so, it's a good idea to perform a clean reinstall using the steps here. That way if corrupted app files are the cause, they get removed.  If that doesn't fix thing we'd appreciate a couple of screenshots of what you see at your end.  You can use the Insert Photo option in the post editor, just make sure to hide any private or sensitive info. Keep in mind that it's not available for the web player. 

Can you also share whether or not the playlists start tp update a day or two after you add some new tracks to the "Liked Songs" playlist, as @Elena suggested?

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on your progress.

Mihail Moderator

Hi Mihail,

I was able to locate the setting by going Playlists > Profile. It is disabled across all my devices already.

I'll add some more songs to "Liked" and come back to you in a few days.

Thanks,

Peter.

Thanks Elena and Mihail. It does seem that updating Liked Songs makes the playlists update slowly. I guess I'll need to start using that feature more!

I've been having the same problem.

I'm going to cancel Premium. 

0/6 Daily Mixes and 0/1 Discover Weekly playlists have changed AT ALL.

In WEEKS. 

Hey @FrostWritten,

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here.

We're sorry to hear that the Discover Weekly and Daily Mixes aren't updating. Could you please confirm that over these weeks you've added added new songs to your Liked songs playlist and followed new artists? Keep in mind that the algorithm works better, the more new entries you add. If you have the option to add a couple of them daily, you should start seeing an improvement after a while.

It's also a good idea to have a look if private listening is disabled as posted above. If these steps don't fix things, we recommend you log out everywhere and run a clean reinstall on all your devices, this involves deleting the cache files of the app and will force a account wide resynchronization of your info. You can have a look at this guide for the steps relevant to each device.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted how things work out.

Mihail Moderator

my playlists have never been updated in half a year that I use it.

Hi Elena would you know why my playlist hours won't update from 30 hours 36min I have the free plan and can add songs but the hours won't update.

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out!

@Zht1- just to confirm, does this only happen with a specific playlist? Or is the same amount of time displayed on all playlists? 

Do you notice any difference after clearing stored cache? Once it's done, try logging out from the app and back in again. This should resync your account info.

We also suggest checking if it appears in the same way on other devices that you use Spotify on.

Let us know how you get on.

MariaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Once every day or two when my Daylist updates, every single song is from the same artist. LItereally every song. Since you can'y manually refresh/update the daylist I can't do anything about it until the next timed update.

Suggested posts