Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Make new Playlists private automatically

Make new Playlists private automatically

Hello,

in the past there was an option under social to make all playlists private, however this option seemingly disappeared.

Was it actually removed and if so, is there any way I can turn all new playlists I make private, without having to do it manually?

3 Replies

Hey @Imlegend1,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

You can set a default preference on the privacy settings of your newly created playlists via the desktop app (not the web player). There you'll find the setting toggle "Publish my new playlists on my profile" under the "Social" section. Just make sure you're logged in on the same account you want to change the setting for. This option is available only on the desktop app, but sets a global preference for all devices you're using your account on.

Hope this clears things a bit,

Cheers!

DianModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Doesn't this still make the playlists public and searchable, though?

I have the "Publish my new playlists on my profile" toggle switched off.  But newly created playlists still appear as "Public Playlist" when I view them, and I need to go into the playlist itself and select "Make Private".

For example, the attached screenshot shows what a newly created playlist looks like for me.

Screenshot 2022-09-18 154320.png

Hey @slothorentropy ,

Thanks for the reply.

If you want your playlists to not be searchable and truly private, you'd have to make them private separately. We're in the process of passing the feedback on this feature to the relevant team.

If you use the "Remove from profile" option, you'll ensure, that the playlist doesn't show up on your profile, but the playlist can still be shared with a link. The playlist can technically be found via the search tab as well, but the probability of this is quite low as the algorithm prioritizes older playlists, which have been interacted a lot with.

Hope this clears things a bit,

Cheers!

DianModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts