Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Merge playlists.

Solved!

Merge playlists.

Hi,

So i know there is no feature to Merge playlists or add an other playlist to another playlist.

So i'm wondering how would i be able to copy all songs from 1 list to another?
Cause i do yearly playlists but then i have a massive list with all the music i have in to one megalist.

So how would i with the easiest way be able to copy all the songs from this one list to another without having to copy every individual song one at the time to add to the bigger list?

Is there a masscopy functionality?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @angelboi,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community!

Using our Desktop app (which you can always download here depending on your desktop device operative system), you can easily mass-select the songs in a playlist in order to have them copied onto another one. To do so:

1. Click on one of your playlists name from the 'PLAYLISTS' shelf (under the 'YOUR LIBRARY' shelf) in the menu on the left side of the screen to access the playlist
  2. Having accessed the playlist, click Ctrl+A (Windows) or Cmd+A (MAC) to mass-select the songs featured in it
  3. Finally, drag&drop the selected songs onto the name of the playlist you wish to have the songs copied and moved to. You'll also find this playlist name under the 'PLAYLISTS' shelf in the menu on the left side of the screen

Hope you'll find this info useful. Let us know if there's anything else we can help with 🙂 

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @angelboi,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community!

Using our Desktop app (which you can always download here depending on your desktop device operative system), you can easily mass-select the songs in a playlist in order to have them copied onto another one. To do so:

1. Click on one of your playlists name from the 'PLAYLISTS' shelf (under the 'YOUR LIBRARY' shelf) in the menu on the left side of the screen to access the playlist
  2. Having accessed the playlist, click Ctrl+A (Windows) or Cmd+A (MAC) to mass-select the songs featured in it
  3. Finally, drag&drop the selected songs onto the name of the playlist you wish to have the songs copied and moved to. You'll also find this playlist name under the 'PLAYLISTS' shelf in the menu on the left side of the screen

Hope you'll find this info useful. Let us know if there's anything else we can help with 🙂 

Mario Moderator

Hello, this solution is not working for me. When I click CTRL+A, all it does is highlight the headings (Title, Album, Date etc). None of the songs are highlighted. Am i missing something?

Hi there @easytigerjim,

Thanks for the post.

You need to be using the Spotify Desktop app, not the web player. You need to click on one of the songs in the playlist, then hit Ctrl+A. This should select all the songs in the playlist.

Hope this helps.

AlexModerator

When I'm trying that from my desk app it gives a popup sating that some tracks appear at the target and when I click on " dismiss it", then it shows an error saying that "Something went wrong". The target is having 10K tracks while the source has 6K tracks. 

Hi @gabbylavy,

Thanks for the reply. 10 000 songs is already at the upper limit for how much Spotify can handle, so most likely when all the other songs are included, even without the duplicates, the number becomes far too large and this causes the error you get. 

Hope this clears things up.

JoanModerator

Suggested posts