Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Missing Downloaded Podcast Episodes

Missing Downloaded Podcast Episodes

In the new UI, how do I find my old downloaded podcast episodes?? These were downloaded before "Your Episodes" was a thing so these are not there. I also do not follow these podcasts (I only have specific episodes saved).

The new UI only shows me podcasts I follow and not actual episodes when I click downloads.

Plan

Premium

Device

(Samsung Galaxy 9)

Operating System

(Android version 10.)

10 Replies

Agree 100%. This update makes no sense. It's like they made this huge design change without consulting a single person that uses the podcast functionality in spotify. Why would you invest in podcast content like buying Gimlet and then make podcasts so hard to use in the app

Literally I am going on a climbing expedition in 16 days that will last 3 weeks to climb the tallest peak in N America. And it is a nightmare to listen to podcasts now, which will be my one way to decompress after a long day of climbing while off the grid. If they don't rectify this in the coming days I need to find a different podcast app

Encountering the same problem... wth :(((((

Hey everyone,

Welcome to the Spotify Community.

With the new Your Library view you should be able to see your previously downloaded podcasts, even if they were downloaded before the app was updated. Just head to Your Library > Podcasts & shows > Your Episodes. You should be able to filter the episodes by selecting the Downloaded filter on top of the list. The new Downloads filter for podcasts will not show episodes for podcasts you’re not following.

As with any of our tests, we always seek feedback from our users before rolling out new features or products broadly. We invite users to share their input on this thread

You can also read more about how your feedback reaches Spotify here.

We hope this helps.

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

This does not help in the slightest. When you follow this flow, it shows you a list of podcast shows that you follow that have downloaded episodes. Then, to actually see the episode you have downloaded, you have to click into each show individually and scroll through all the episodes. How is this a good experience? Say I'm in the car or on a run and need to quickly pick an episode that I have offline because I have no cell service. You want me to spend 10 minutes going through every show and every episode? In your previous design there was an easy to use list that had all episodes you had offline easily accessible.

This is purely a regression.

Hey @arbitton,

Thanks for your reply.

We're sorry to hear that your experience hasn't been as expected. We invite you to leave your feedback in the thread that @Novy shared above for easy tracking, since it's being monitored in order to collect all your thoughts, as it helps us to keep improving.

We'll be right here in case you need a hand with anything else.

Take care!

CarlosEModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Hi Novy,

Your statement: "The new Downloads filter for podcasts will not show episodes for podcasts you’re not following" is exactly what I'm complaining/concerned about.

Why do I need to follow a podcast if I only want to listen to a certain episode? The problem is all the episodes I've downloaded before are just eating up space in my phone because they're not in the Your Episodes playlist and I'm not following the podcast. How am I supposed to find them?

Nevertheless, I will also respond to the thread as CarlosE mentioned in his reply.

Novy thank you for the help. Unfortunately there are still user interface problems. Those following / subscribing to hardly any podcasts, preferring to download individual episodes that look interesting, who filter to "Downloaded Podcasts" do not see the downloads which is quite frustrating.

Secondly, even though "followed" podcast titles appear, it is only the show itself, not the downloads one is expecting. Three subsequent clicks are often needed to get to your downloaded episode.

Screenshot attached. To fellow Spotify users there is a workaround. I had overlooked the "Your Episodes" button time and again. Try clicking that, should be more aptly named "Your Downloads".

[Screenshot hard to read on web. Right-click, Save Image As... to see in full resolution]

Spotify Support Podcast Downloads.png

Hi there folks,

Thank you for your replies in this thread.

As far as we can see, the option to find your downloaded episodes from podcasts you don't follow should be under "Your Episodes". There you should be able to select "Unplayed" or "Downloaded".

If you don't see that option, can you provide us a screen recording so that we can have a closer look directly from your end?

We'll keep an eye out for your replies.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hi Jeremy,

Thanks for responding! 

That's exactly my problem that I mentioned from the beginning.

1. I have downloaded podcasts episodes from years ago so these are not in "Your Episodes."

2. I do not follow the podcast itself

My problem is now I do not remember all of the episodes I've downloaded before but they remain somewhere taking up space in my app. I cannot find the episodes because I do not follow the podcast, nor are these episodes in the "Your Episodes" playlist.

Hi again @gsone91,

Thank you for your reply and confirmation.

We suggest that you log out and then back in to make sure your account's info is synced up.

If after that you still can't see them, it's possible that there's some issue with the cached info of the app. In that case we suggest that you perform a clean reinstall of the app. You'll need to redownload your offline content after that.

Keep us posted.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts