Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Multiple Playlists (Created Offline) Missing from Web and Phone Apps, but Visible in Xbox App.

Multiple Playlists (Created Offline) Missing from Web and Phone Apps, but Visible in Xbox App.

Plan

Premium

Country

United States

Device

(Google Pixel 2, Surface Book 2, Xbox One)

Operating System

(Android version 11, Windows 10 version 20h2, Xbox OS version 10. 0. 19041. 7772)

My Question or Issue

I recently did some traveling which required me to go into airplane mode on my phone, so I chose to download my music and place it on my phone. During this time, I created a couple of different playlists containing all of the said albums (Flying Mellow and Airplane Mode). Once I have finished my period of travel, I came out of airplane mode. However, when I went to find my recently created travel playlists on my phone and my laptop (Windows App), they could not be found in my playlists sidebar, nor by searching my library.

However, I found that I could still use my recently played tab in order to access my offline playlists. I used this method for a bit, but I eventually let these playlists leave my recent tab, as keeping up with them was bothersome and time-consuming. The entire situation was initially so frustrating that I created an imitation of one of my original playlists (Flying Mellow 2), but felt unsatisfied with the solution, so I ended up deleting it.

After around a month of regular, online listening, I boot up my Xbox and decide to listen to music while studying. And lo and behold, my offline playlists appeared on the Xbox, under a separate playlist section, away from my normal playlist tab. I decided to do some testing and deleted one of them (Flying Mellow). From there I chose to go to my Account Overview and see if I could restore them. From what I see now, it appears as though I can. The other (Airplane Mode) I edited the details of, I make public, and make collaborative, all in the hopes that maybe this will cause it to populate on with my other playlists. This still does nothing.

Conclusion Time.
I assume that offline playlists are stored somewhere on my account but are kept separate from the normal playlist section as they don't appear when I search for them, nor do they appear on my sidebar. Evidently, my Xbox has access to this stored space and can display it to me on the app.

I would like to store these "offline" playlists with the rest of my "normal" playlists.
Any help troubleshooting would be greatly appreciated.

Spotify Troubleshooting_Playlist Recovery.png
Spotify Troubleshooting_Playlist Missing Mobile.png
Spotify Troubleshooting_Playlist On Xbox.png
1 Reply

Hey @CHSmith2019,

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community.

Could you give these steps a go and run a clean reinstall on your devices to check if anything changes?

In case you're using an SD card, you can try removing it, reinstall Spotify and then try running the app without the SD. Sometimes the SD card can lead to issues with the cache. Does it make a difference?

Keep us in the loop. 

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts