Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

On repeat/repeat rewind playlist

On repeat/repeat rewind playlist

I’ve noticed that my repeat and rewind playlists have mostly music, artists and songs that’s I’ve never played and wouldn’t ever listen too. Similar thing happened to my 2019 most played songs. A lot of songs in there I’ve maybe listened to once or never heard off. Does anyone have an idea what’s going on?

My genre is pretty specific. Also I haven’t been hacked no one else has listened on my account. It’s some Spotify issue. 

3 Replies

Hello @dan801

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community!

If you see suspicious activity on your account, such as the music on your profile doesn't look right and you don't recognize it, make sure to follow all the steps provided in this support article

Take a look at this article as well on how to protect your Spotify account. 

I hope it helps! 

No I haven’t been hacked, your a algorithm is broken. My history doesn’t show any played songs I didn’t listen to. There is no other devices associated. The songs on repeat is not what I listen too. I see there is other people with same issue on here but solution 

Hello @dan801

Thanks for your response!

There are a couple of reasons why those playlists can include songs that seem unfamiliar. You can take a look at this Spotify Answer for the Wrapped playlist that partially applies to the On Repeat and Repeat Rewind playlists as well.

If it comes to listening history - it's device dependent, so you might not see what music has been played on a different device with your account but the songs would still end up in these playlists.

Just to be sure no one has access to your account, I'd still recommend following the steps from my first response. 

Hope you'll find this helpful! 

Suggested posts