Playing from Playlist Daily Mix Incorrect Language

Solved!

Playing from Playlist Daily Mix Incorrect Language

Plan

Premium

Country

Canada

Device

Sony Roku TV (Spotify Music 2.10 build 21)

Issue

When a Daily Mix is playing from the Roku TV, "Playing From Playlist" on all devices (TV, Samsung S10, Windows 11 PC) is displayed in the incorrect language. When the same playlist is played from either my phone or PC, the correct language is used.

I've attempted to log out and log back into the Spotify app on the TV, however the issue persisted. I also removed the channel and added it back, however my account was still signed in, so it appears Roku doesn't fully remove app data on channel removal.

I've added images of the Daily Mix being shown as "Mix diari". Everything else in the app is English, as expected.

No settings that I'm aware of were changed to prompt this, just began a couple months ago.

20230118_202924.jpg
20230118_202952.jpg
Screenshot_20230118-210911_Spotify.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey folks,

This should now be fixed for everyone. Can you please check and let us know how things look on your end?

Cheers,

MihailYModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hey @Civlac,

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community.

We've forwarded this to the relevant team, however, we can't confirm when it will be addressed and provide an exact timeline for a fix.

We'd recommend always keeping your Spotify app up to date to ensure you're on the latest version so that you don't miss out on any fixes.

Hope this helps,

Cheers! 

LyubkaModerator

I'm also a Canadian user here, and I'm having the same issue. It bugs the snot out of me, and that's enough for it to be a problem. Please get to the bottom of this and fix it.

I'm a Canadian user who uses an amazon echo to play spotify a lot, and since january 1st of this year, thos has been an issue. I couldn't figure out why Alexa wouldn't play daily mix 1 for days, then I noticed the playlist is called mix diari on my phone. The title is still daily mix 1, but as I play it it says the playlist is mix diari. I have to imagine this is a wider issue but people just haven't noticed.

Marked as solution

Hey folks,

This should now be fixed for everyone. Can you please check and let us know how things look on your end?

Cheers,

MihailYModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Looks good to me! Thank you guys for getting the word to the right internal team and following up 😁

Suggested posts