Country
Germany

Device

Notebook / Smartphone

Operating System

OS 10 / Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Hello,
I have a problem with a playlist. Yesterday the title, cover and description were removed. The playlist itself and the followers are still there. Cover and description I can add. But as soon as I enter a title (any title) all three elements are gone again after a few minutes.
It is independent of whether I make the change via the Windows software, browser or iOS app.
Playlist:
https://open.spotify.com/playlist/62CFZGi01r81y81tSuj155?si=7e57ee91da374632

6 Replies

Hey @Klangspot,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community.

We opened the playlist at our end and it seems to have all three elements present - a title, a cover and a description? Could you please confirm that the issue go resolved?

If not - could you share the desired title you're having difficulties entering? At any case, if the issue persists, we'd recommend not editing it for 24 to 48 hours in order for all previous changes to properly synch up with our servers. Afterwards you should be able to edit it once more.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on how it goes. 

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello @Mihail, thank you for your reply. It seems to be OK again since yesterday evening, whatever the cause was.

Hey @Klangspot,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

We're happy to hear that you could set up the playlist according to your wishes! If anything else pops up - the Community is always here for you.

Cheers!

Mihail Moderator

Hello, after two days everything was OK, I have the problem again today. I then inserted cover, title and description again. After a few minutes everything was gone. I responded again to Support's automatic mail that there were no policy violations. And if you want them to tell me exactly what the problem is. I have not received a response to my requests from a few days ago until today. So far, I have only had good experience with Spotify support, but their reputation is currently falling dramatically.

Hey @Klangspot,

Thanks for getting back to us.

If you've already received an email from our Support Team, we recommend to follow through with the steps described there. If you've sent out an email, you will receive a reply as soon as possible. Please keep in mind that if there has been an influx of inquiries, it might take a little longer for the folks there to reply.

Keep us posted on how it goes. 

Mihail Moderator

Hi @Mihail,

thank you for your quick reply. The mail refers to the guidelines, which makes little sense. This abuse of reported and blocked playlists has existed for some time, but seems to be increasing extremely. And the way Spotify deals with it is the worst. A remote warning or at least mentioning what exactly the problem is would make sense. Moreover, the last times I got an answer from support within a few hours, now I still have none after days.
I try it now regularly to see if I can enter the title. If this is deleted again and I get the standard email, Spotify gets a standard response. This is not purposeful and causes extra work, I know. But maybe it increases the pressure on this:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Playlists-Solution-to-false-abusive-reporting/idi-p/4928...

Suggested posts