Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlist Radio is being removed from the context menu

Playlist Radio is being removed from the context menu

In March 2023, we're removing the Playlist Radio option from the playlist context menu. We'd like to hear your thoughts and feedback about this change in the comments.

Captura 1.PNG  Captura 2.PNG

FAQ 

Are we removing the whole radio feature?

No, we are only removing Playlist Radio. Track/artist and album radios will still be available.

Do we have features where users can have a similar experience?

Yes, right now we have the enhance button or the recently rolled out smart shuffle to give recommendations based on user-created playlists.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp
1,025 Replies

CE6D0488-8802-4A7F-AAD3-B13A667B24E3.png

 Where did it go?

98221.jpgHey melonx, thanks for bringing this up. I'm having the same issue! Why is this happening? Does anyone know what we can do to remedy this? I already tried restarting the app and that didn't work

Plan

Premium

Country

United States

Device

1+ nord n10 5g

Operating System

Android 11

My Question or Issue

while I was getting ready to drive home from work today I went to go put on my workout mix of songs on and wanted to use the playlist radio feature to listen to more songs than were just on my playlist but found that it was missing. I can still access the playlist radio feature on the web version but cannot on my phone and would like to know if anyone knows why?

image.png
Screenshot_20230318-142317.jpg

Hi @Meta6669,

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community, and welcome!

It sounds like you’re seeing a recent change that Spotify has made. Spotify is always testing possible improvements, so you or someone else may see something new or get a limited feature temporarily on the app. You can share your feedback here in the Community about this change, so I can pass it along to the proper team.

Let me know if you have any other questions, and have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Bring it back! Why remove it? 🙄

Dumb- please bring it back!

what happened to the playlist radio option? I recently discovered it and today it's gone

Song, Artist, and Album radios will still be available.

MattSudaSpotify Star

Not substitutes, thus, not relevant. 

please tell the team removing playlist radio**bleep** and people will never use the song, album, or artist radios because using a playlist radio is infinitely better for discovering new music from other artists.

Ive seen on Reddit someone mentioning the deleted Playlist Radio. Its getting insane in what Spotify is deciding for us and forcing us to use like the new, horrible UI.

I discovered playlist radio feature just a few days ago, and I was so happy how great it was! And just now I’ve noticed it’s gone. So unfortunate.  Why? Please bring it back. It does much better than Discover weekly and artist/album radio. 

Thank you @Meta6669, @tannerrobinson@JLaz25, and @Creepycelebration8 for sharing your feedback regarding this change.

Note that you can still use the Enhance button or the recently rolled out Smart Shuffle to get recommendations based on your personal playlists.

Let me know if you have any other questions, and have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star

Is there no more playlist radio? In the past I have been able to go to one of my playlists, click on the 3 dots, and I could listen to a radio station based on that playlist. I’ve used this feature a lot but it seems to have been removed? Can you please bring it back?

1. How can we get Spotify to notice this feedback?

2. I don't have access to 'Smart Shuffle'.

Thinking there was a glitch on my spotify app and after contacting support, it turns out spotify decided to remove the "listen to playlist radio" feature. Why? What's the benefit of doing this? Please return the feature. It makes no sense to remove it and still have the option for individual songs, artists and albums. It's an incredibly useful feature to help find new songs based on our own playlists.

Reply removed.

This was a great option for group settings and for finding new music. It's really stupid to get rid of it. "Enhanced" makes direct changes to the playlist. Although I no longer see the Enhanced option either. Stop trying to fix what isn't broken.

It seems that when you click on the 3 dots next to a playlist, you can’t go to the radio station of the playlist anymore. I loved that feature, please bring it back!

Suggested posts