Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlist fails to load after 'enhancing'

Solved!

Playlist fails to load after 'enhancing'

1. Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Device

(Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(OSx Big Sur 11.6.8.)

My Question or Issue

I clicked 'enhance' on one of my rather long (72+ hours) Spotify playlists in the desktop app which caused the playlist to crash.

Now anytime I click the playlist I get "Something went wrong, try reloading the page" and it continues to say that after hitting reload.

So far I've tried, un-enhacing the playlist on my mobile device.

Deleting the Spotify desktop app and the associated cache folders and doing a fresh install

Deleting the playlist and reinstating it

Still get the same problem and it won't load on 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Same problem, short term solution discovered to at least access the playlist. In home page, or "your library" find the affected playlist thumbnail and right click to bring up options. turn off enhanced from there, and then playlist page should return to normal.

View solution in original post

26 Replies

Same thing happening to me. Only when a certain playlist is opened. I selected "Enhanced" playlist - that is when the behavior began. None of the above steps have been effective at fixing it. 

Followed all the steps, logged back in and the same issue persists. All other playlists show up. I just get error message on that one playlist. All the songs play, but I can't access the song list in that playlist

Yep, identical situation with me.

Hey folks,

Thanks for the posts.

Can you check if you can deactivate Enhance on that playlists and if it opens up normally again after that?

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

If Enhanced is deactivated from the Right-click menu on the playlist as listed in the sidebar, then the playlist will load normally.

Marked as solution

Same problem, short term solution discovered to at least access the playlist. In home page, or "your library" find the affected playlist thumbnail and right click to bring up options. turn off enhanced from there, and then playlist page should return to normal.

Ah nice on that seems to have done the trick cheers! 

Today I tried the enhance function the first time. Now I can't access this specific playlist anymore.

Already tried:
1. Delete & recover the playlist
2. Uninstall & Reinstall Spotify
3. Installed the Sporify App from the Windows 11 Store

The playlist is accessable for 1 second and then I get the message "Something went wrong. Please try to reload the page" with e "Reload the page" button below it. When clicked it just takes me back to the Home Page

I am having the same problem. I can open the playlist on my Pixel 4 and it shows that I have not Enhanced the playlist. I can hit the enhance button on the app and it will add the songs and work correctly on the mobile app. I can even "un-enhance" and everything works fine, but when I go back to desktop, it still shows "Enhanced" for a second and then crashes.

I have found a solution that is only a work-around and Spotify should still try to fix this. Before you open the playlist, you can right click on the playlist name and there should be an option to "Turn off Enhance". I was able to click this and when I opened the playlist enhance was off and worked as normal.

Hope this works for you too

Thx for the solution "aosika". Now I can access my playlist again. But the enhance function is still broken on PC, as soon as I try to activate it again, the playlist isn't accessable anymore. Maybe spotify should take a look at this.

Thank you, had the same thing happen to mine and this at least let's me access the playlist again. I was very worried!

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out and sharing your feedback.

We've tried reproducing the issue on our end but weren't able to. Can you please send us the model, OS version and Spotify version of the devices this is happening on?

Keep us posted.

MihailYModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Sure.

2016 Macbook Pro 13" 2.9 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5 8GB

OS Version: Big Sur 11.6.8

Spotify Version is Spotify for macOS (Intel) 1.1.96.785.g464c973a (I think, from Spotify > About Spotify) although I updated this trying to fix the problem so might be the version before. It also looks like this version has removed the enhance option from my playlists? 

I will say that for me, my issue has fixed itself but I'll provide the information anyways. Also to add, I had another playlist or two as enhanced which worked fine, but the one in question did not.

Custom Built PC
OS Version: Windows 10

Spotify for Windows
1.1.96.785.g464c973a

MacBook Air (M2, 2022)

macOS Monterey 12.5.1

Spotify for macOS (Apple Silicon)
1.1.96.785.g464c973a

HELP !

Spotify for me has become completely dysfunctional after I updated my Spotify desktop client to the below mentioned version.

Now, It only shows me - something is wrong and a reload button, and when I click on that button, nothing happens. 

MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2018)
Spotify version : 1.1.96.785.g464c973a

Hi folks,

Thanks for submitting the requested details!

Could you let us know if you have any local files in the playlists this issue occurs on? A short screen recording which captures the app's behavior in action would also be greatly appreciated.

You can try creating a new playlist and turning on the enhance feature to see if the issue would occur there as well.

In case the issue persists, please share the following details (if you haven't already):

• Your device's make, model and OS version
  • The version of Spotify you're running

Keep us posted. Cheers!

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Plan

Premium

Country

Sweden

Device

Dell laptop

Operating System

Linux Xubuntu (Ubuntu with XFCE4 window manager)

Spotify version

Spotify version 1.1.84.716.gc5f8b819, Copyright (c) 2022, Spotify Ltd

My Issue

Trying to view a playlist with Enhanced content enabled results in "Something went wrong, try reloading the page"

Steps to reproduce

1. Have a playlist
2. Click the "Enhance" button

3. That playlist is no longer viewable after it refreshes

Also breaks if the enhance button is pressed on a different device (android app in my case)

I have to use another device to disable the Enhanced mode to be able to view the playlist again.

Suggested posts