Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlists Not In Search Results

Solved!

Playlists Not In Search Results

Plan: Premium 

Device: Macbook Air (early 2015)

Operating System: MacOS Big Sur 11.3.1

My Question or Issue

Hi, I'm able to publish my playlists to my profile, but when I try to find them from the search page while logged out or on another account, my playlists don't show up. Even with super niche titles which have 2-3 search results. Is there a reason why this is happening?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @NoahMAXX,

Thanks for posting on the Community!

You could check the settings here, to see if the particular playlists haven't been set to be private. When being set to private the playlists can't be accessed by anyone else but you. If tweaking those playlist privacy settings don't resolve the situation for you, then we'd ask you to share with us a link to one of these playlists (if you wish), so we can take a closer look and advise you better. Keep in mind that freshly created accounts and their content, might need some time to be picked up and listed by the search engine crawlers.

Hope this helps. Let us know how you get on.

Kiril Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @NoahMAXX,

Thanks for posting on the Community!

You could check the settings here, to see if the particular playlists haven't been set to be private. When being set to private the playlists can't be accessed by anyone else but you. If tweaking those playlist privacy settings don't resolve the situation for you, then we'd ask you to share with us a link to one of these playlists (if you wish), so we can take a closer look and advise you better. Keep in mind that freshly created accounts and their content, might need some time to be picked up and listed by the search engine crawlers.

Hope this helps. Let us know how you get on.

Kiril Moderator

Didn't do anything other than update my Spotify, and seems to work now. Thanks for the help Kiril!

Hey @NoahMAXX,

Thanks for keeping us posted 🙂

Glad to hear that it worked out and the playlists are showing up in the search results.

The Community is here for you if there's anything else!

Ver Moderator

Suggested posts