Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlists Order in Spotify for Android Auto and Web App Stuck in Custom Sort

Playlists Order in Spotify for Android Auto and Web App Stuck in Custom Sort

Issue:

Ever since early March, the playlists in Spotify for Android Auto, the Web App, and Samsung TV are all stuck in the Custom sort order even if I have the desktop and Android versions sorted by Date Added; this occurs across all of my playlists. Even the artwork across all platforms is stuck with the album artwork of the first four songs/albums in Custom sort. The artwork remains the same despite the sort order, and the song order remains stuck in Custom sort order on Android Auto, the Web App, and Samsung TV.

Previously, Spotify for Android Auto, the Web App, and Samsung TV would reflect the order of songs set in the Android 13 or Windows 10 desktop apps. Not anymore and I don't know how to fix it. It's annoying not to have your most recently added songs show up in the car and instead be stuck in some seemingly random Custom order that you cannot change.

Plan

Premium

Device

(Google Pixel 7, PC)

Operating System

(Android 13, Windows 10)

8 Replies

Hey @horntm,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

The sort order is not transferable between devices. The order is defined by the custom order you've set. The extra sorting options are reflected only on the device you pick the sorting order on.

Hope this clears things a bit,

Cheers!

DianModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Thanks, Dian. It is strange because up until a month or so ago, if, for example, I set my primary playlist to sort by Date Added in descending order on my phone or desktop app, that playlist would also show up in Spotify for Android Auto, my smart TV, and the web app in that same order or whichever order I had selected.

Then, all of a sudden in March, all my playlists only show up on those other platforms that I just mentioned in Custom order despite the sort order I had set in the desktop and Android apps. I would set my primary playlist by Date Added in descending order so that it would be easy to select my recently added songs in the car since they would be at the top of the list. Weird.

I'm assuming this was a recent change?

Hey @horntm,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Right now on the Web Player playlists are sorted by custom order. Here you can find more info about Sort and Filter options.

If you think other users might also like the idea to be able to change order of the playlist on Android Auto, Web player and other platforms, you can go ahead and create an idea on the relevant idea board. We always take new ideas and feedback into consideration to improve the app. Here you can read more on how ideas work.

We also suggest checking this help article for useful tips on how to submit an idea. As a heads-up, it's good to know that the higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for the idea to be implemented.

Hope you find this useful. Take care 🙂 

LyubkaModerator

This was a response on a different post!

its worked for me hope it does for you.. so annoying not being able to sort it...

Make sure that Smart Shuffle mode is disabled, and then you should be able to search inside Liked Songs or other playlists again (press the shuffle button until it's off)

Hey Spotify team! Does adding "sort by" option on Spotify AA is that big of a deal? We all know it's not!
This is very basic feature, why don't you put it into backlog with some realistic priority so we can all enjoy it way more?

Hey @DrDamage,

Thank you for your reply in this thread.

Good news, seems like the Community folks have already gathered on a similar feature request and have created an Idea about this. If you'd like to see that option available in the future, we'd suggest that you check out this idea here. Make sure you leave your vote to support it, so that it would have a better chance of being considered, as Spotify always strives to improve your experience.

The Community team is actively bringing your feedback to the internal teams at Spotify - check how here

We hope this helps. We'll be here if you have any questions 🙂

LyubkaModerator

Thanks for auto reply I guess. The topic you have mentioned Lyubka is 3 years old and it looks like a default place to steer people to so they will stop adding new topics. 3 years old post = it will never be implemented and you don't care.

Please, prove me wrong.

UPDATE: This topic is about ANDROID AUTO. The one you mentioned is Android automotive, which is a different platform... Great.

Hey @DrDamage,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Apologies for any confusion created on our end. Here is the correct link. The idea was moved to the wrong place but we've restored it now.

If anything else comes up, the Community will be here for you 🙂

LyubkaModerator

Suggested posts