Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Playlists] Subcategories within playlists

[Playlists] Subcategories within playlists

Within a larger playlist, having both the main playlist that will play all of the songs at random, but also having sub playlists, similar to the subcategories within one's Liked Songs, except one can create the subcategories themselves. Similar to Pinterest, where you can create a general board with smaller, more specific boards within it. This would make organization easier, so instead of, for example, having an upwards of 5 separate playlists from the same genre for different settings or emotions, they are all under the same larger playlist.

4 Replies

Hi @sylvieo,

Welcome to the Community!

Make sure to check out playlist folders, which already has a lot of the functionality you're describing, allowing you to better organize your playlists.

If you're looking for this feature specifically for the mobile apps, there's an existing idea here - feel free to add your vote to show your support!

There are also some other similar ideas that you might be interested in:

Hope you'll find this info useful 🙂

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I'd love this on mobile

Hey there @Karicatlover,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community!

We suggest adding your +Vote to this idea. Despite its current status, we're constantly monitoring it and we'll make sure to share any updates over there if this changes in the future.

Cheers.

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Did you read what sylvieo said? I just looked through the links you listed and none of those things do what they are describing. Spotify does not currently have the functionality they are describing. The closest thing of the items you listed is the ability to make folders of playlists, but you can't play a whole folder on shuffle and have it play random music from the playlists within it. You can only organize playlists and simplify your main library home page (which is useful but not at all what we're seeking).

I came here looking for a way to organize the songs in a playlist with like a tag (my "Chill Music" playlist has dubstep, country, rap, vocal-less dubstep, rock, etc) and beyond just ordering them and remembering which songs are which, there is not a way to do that.

In a nutshell, and being matter of fact and not intentionally trying to offend, your comment is entirely useless. =] Thanks for trying though, to be fair that IS the current closest thing Spotify has to what we seek.

Suggested posts