Podcast not playing when clicked

Plan

Free

Country

U.S.

Device

Macbook Pro 2019

My Question or Issue

When I click on a particular podcast episode the episode doesn't play, the info comes up at the bottom of the player but the episode doesn't actually start playing.

None of the episodes of this podcast are playing. Other podcasts are playing fine as are songs and playlists. 

Ive restarted my machine, logged in and out, cleared Spotify cache and reinstall and the issue is still going on. 

Please help. 

7 Replies

Hmm okay I’ll escalate this for you.

Still not working...

Still. Not. Working.....

I have the same problem today... Awfull

Hey folks, 

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community. We'll do our best to help you sort this out.

We'd first recommend taking a look at these steps in order to perform a clean reinstall of the app. This is different than simply reinstalling and can be helpful for clearing any corrupted files that might be causing this behavior. 

If possible, you can also try logging into your account with a different device to see if you can replicate the issue. 

Keep us posted. We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thanks for your help Novy. I basicly went through all steps previous colleagues of you recommended (I'm on mac):

-re-installed spotify

-removed all cache folders

-removed all spotify folders in Application Support

-hard reset of the computer 

Podcasts were at that point still playing on my phone. Not on my macbook. Now, an hour later the problem is solved (not after I went through the above steps). So I suggest that it was a Spotify server issue? 

Btw, just JRE podcasts were not playing. Others were working. Very strange.. 

Hi again @Jeromekem,

Thanks for getting back in touch.

We're glad to know that it's all running as expected now and appreciate the info you've shared with us. We'll make sure to pass this on to the right folks.

If you need a hand with anything else, we'll be right here.

Have a good one 🙂

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts