Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mobile] Unable to download podcast episodes

We've received reports that users are unable to download podcast episodes on the mobile app. Downloading music is unaffected and works as usual.

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We're happy to announce that this should now be fixed for everyone running the latest version of Spotify 😎

If you're still having trouble you can post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Cheers 🤘

Comments
rohinshah11

Same issue. It was working fine and then all of a sudden all my episodes stopped downloading and they’re not getting added to the ‘my episodes’ folder. I have to manually add them to my episodes but I still can’t get them to download. 

JessyBabs13

Model phone Google pixel 7

android 14 latest version

Version 8.9.40.509

I've restarted phone, restarted app, reinstalled app, turned wifi off then back on. It seems this is happening at least for me since the last update of the app. 

10thLegend

Autodownload was working fine until a week or so.

Samsung Galaxy s23

Android version 14

Spotify version 8.9.40.509

I have closed app, restarted, cleared cache, reselected autodownload

GP-L

Also the exact same behaviour

@Grooveytunes wrote:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vOFNcT5IJmYJwlnZ2DEEoHy71-7zgHk9/view?usp=drivesdk 

when i tap the download button (down arrow) it only flashes the prompt “Added to your episodes” but it doesn’t do that and it does not initiate the download.  When i tap on the “+” button, it gives the same prompt and changes the button to a green check mark, indicating it did add to my episodes. The download does not initiate though.

jmbond66

I'm using spotify version 8.9.40.509 on a Kindle fire 7 OS 8.3.2.3. I only noticed the issue today. I was able to download a podcast just yesterday 5/22/24.

Greenskygeoff

Samsung Galaxy 

This is so frustrating!

phrreakk

Plan

Premium Duo

Country

USA

Device

Samsung Galaxy 21 FE

Operating System

Android 14, One UI 6.0

My Question or Issue

Podcasts have not auto-downloaded to my device since about 05/17/2024.  I have 128GB of storage:
Apps 68GB
Downloads 3GB

Cache 377MB
Free 34GB

I have configured offline listening correctly, I've used it up until these last few patches.  I have fiber internet at 1Gb speed so that is not an issue.  The little green area showing the item is added to the list is not showing up.  If I click on the "download" arrow...it does nothing.  There is a problem with your Android app.

BBR91

Same issue for the past week or so.

iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 17.5.1

Spotify 8.9.40.506

Tried deleting all downloaded episodes and increasing the number of episodes per show to keep. Neither automatic nor manual download works.

ghostcrimegossiplovr
  • iPhone14 Pro IOS 17.4.1
  • Spotify Version: 8.9.38.455
  • I have tried restarting the app, removing the app and adding it again. I have tried unselecting and reselecting certain auto-download podcasts in my “Your episodes” playlist. I have tried removing other downloads clearing my cache. I am unable to download new podcast episodes. This has been going on for almost a week now. 
Lowlee

I am having this problem as well, my podcasts are not auto downloading. If I try to manually download it says they’re added to my list but they are not downloading. I deleted the app then reinstalled and it let me manually download, but the next day it wouldn’t manually download and still not auto downloading. iPhone 11, iOS 17.4.1, Spotify version 8.9.40.506.