Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Private playlist

Private playlist

My Question or Issue

Hey community! I need help, i am not sure which section of the forums i should have posted this thread in but i found this the closest to my issue. So my issue is that i have a lot of my playlists privated, i want to keep it hidden however it seems like i have a friend who is actually streaming my playlist somehow, i found out that they are using my playlist through Discord, it shows what song they are listening too. It is a playlist with very uncommon songs and i deduced that they are using my playlist after observing for 30min. I want to keep my songs a secret and i've checked my account thorougly, the playlists are privated, i checked my account on incognito and there is only one public playlist that i set to public. What can i do to prevent my friend from listening to my playlist?

2 Replies

Hey there @i5e159a

Thanks for reaching out - help’s here!

Just to confirm, have you tried a clean reinstall of the Spotify app on your PC? We recommend this step as it'll remove the old drivers first and then install the new ones. It'll also get you the latest version of Spotify. These changes tend to solve issues like the one you're experiencing. Give your device a quick restart as well before you open the newly installed app. 

Once you're done, try making the desired playlists private again to check if it's working properly this time. 

It's also a good idea to contact the help center at Discord as the issue might be related to content managed by them. You can reach out to them here.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions. 

Hey, i've reinstalled spotify and have confirmed that it is indeed private. I've dug a bit deeper and i think i know how the friend has access to my playlist. It seems like i've shared the playlist a long time ago with the playlist link and that they probably used their browser history to take the playlist up. I tested the url on incognito and it worked, the playlist was playable. I also tested out deleting the playlist and then paste the playlist link in and again, the playlist came up with no problem and being able to play it. It seems like spotify does not actually delete any playlist as they can be accessed through the URL aslong as you have it. Can something be done? This seems like a big loophole around privated playlists and even deleted ones.

Suggested posts