Device

Desktop PC

Operating System

Windows 10
Spotify Version

Spotify for Windows
1.2.3.1115.gd61a8f5c

My Question or Issue

I had been following the topic on closing the desktop app would clear the queue and figured the sleep mode issue I was hitting would be fixed there. However, it is clear from all the replies that the problem there is fixed, that no notice was taken to my report of sleep mode also causing the problem, so figure I better post a new one.

When I put my Windows 10 PC into sleep mode, if I don't wake it in around an hour, then when I do, the Queue is empty and I have to start my playlist every time. This happens every morning and is very frustrating. It started on the 14th of December and I was already at the point of looking at other services to replace Spotify with since it got no attention for a full month. Since the other issue is fixed, and not this one, I can only expect it to take at least another month for any attention here, so I guess I will be taking the leap and moving service. Figured I would post anyway since I know I read at least a few other people with this issue.

3 Replies

Hey there, @kornfan2007

I'm sorry you're having this issue.

Based on reports and my personal experience, this problem is still happening. I believe the queue clearing after closing the application or putting your device to sleep is related. I have had both happen to me within the last few days.

I see you've posted in the Ongoing Issue report for this problem. Be sure to add your vote as well, which will help lead Spotify to prioritize fixing the problem.

I'm not sure what troubleshooting steps to provide.

I don't think I've seen any reports of this happening with the web player, which you could use temporarily until the issue is fixed.

My quick fix for now is to close Spotify before putting my PC to sleep. Very annoying but...

I've also noticed that this may happen when opening (or reconnecting) Spotify when Windows still is not connected to the network, something that usually happens in the short period between going back from sleep and the WiFi reconnects. So maybe the steps for reproducing this issue would be to turn off the network before Windows awakes.

Hi There

After the first occurrence of this problem, and I must admit the long period of time it actually took Spotify to fix the problem, I have not had any problems with the queue disappearing.

One thing I have noticed is that you do seem to be running rather an old version of Spotify, the current version I think, and the version I am using is  Spotify for Windows (64 bit) 1.2.15.828.g79f41970, and I am also completely up to date with all windows updates.

Perhaps forcing a Spotify update on your PC may solve the problem.

Suggested posts